New to lchf

Hi friends,
I am a new follower of lchf from the last 3-days,I am taking a green leaf juice with lemon,ginger and amla as first drink at 10:00 am than fresh vegetable salad with paneer(cheez)and Olive oil at 11:00, almonds-walnut/roasted gram at 4:30pm and two thin home made whole grain breads weighing less than 50 grams with plenty of cooked vegetables.Plz Guide me about the track.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From an earlier thread, I think you are vegetarian? I wonder whether you will get some specific help in the sub-forum here, for vegetarians: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/vegetarian-diet-forum.71/.

I assume you have already looked at www.dietdoctor.com which might help, if you just ignore the meat information and recipes.

Concerning the report from your last few days: it sounds pretty good to me! But I don't know what "amla" is, or "roasted gram." The bread (any bread made with grains) is high-carb. It depends a bit how low you want your daily carb "budget" to go, of course.

Are you using a blood glucose meter to measure the results of eating those foods?

Reactions: 9893973788

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Welcome to the forum,

a lot of people have benefited from low carb eating and that in itself comes in all sorts of degrees of low carb. I'm at about 40gms of carb a day (I weigh things, use PC software, use the labels) but others might tolerate more. I'm lucky to be able to use a Freestyle Libre and I can see what has the most dramatic effect e.g. one slice of bread will send my BG up.

If you like juicing, try and get hold of "Fat. sick and nearly dead", an interesting video about an Australian who just juiced for 60 days, Maybe extreme, but interesting, I should do more juicing myself in an effort to follow the Newcastle Diet.

Watch the whole grain breads, they might be OK, maybe not. Make sure you have a BG meter to check. Otherwise looking like a good start. All the best.

From an earlier thread, I think you are vegetarian? I wonder whether you will get some specific help in the sub-forum here, for vegetarians: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/vegetarian-diet-forum.71/.

I assume you have already looked at www.dietdoctor.com which might help, if you just ignore the meat information and recipes.

Concerning the report from your last few days: it sounds pretty good to me! But I don't know what "amla" is, or "roasted gram." The bread (any bread made with grains) is high-carb. It depends a bit how low you want your daily carb "budget" to go, of course.

Are you using a blood glucose meter to measure the results of eating those foods?
Amla is an antioxidant citrus fruit, called indian goossberry (Phyllanthus emblica).wheat flour breads

Welcome to the forum,

a lot of people have benefited from low carb eating and that in itself comes in all sorts of degrees of low carb. I'm at about 40gms of carb a day (I weigh things, use PC software, use the labels) but others might tolerate more. I'm lucky to be able to use a Freestyle Libre and I can see what has the most dramatic effect e.g. one slice of bread will send my BG up.

If you like juicing, try and get hold of "Fat. sick and nearly dead", an interesting video about an Australian who just juiced for 60 days, Maybe extreme, but interesting, I should do more juicing myself in an effort to follow the Newcastle Diet.

Watch the whole grain breads, they might be OK, maybe not. Make sure you have a BG meter to check. Otherwise looking like a good start. All the best.
Thanks David

L1ncslass

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Amla is an antioxidant citrus fruit, called indian goossberry (Phyllanthus emblica).wheat flour breads
You could make simple almond bread with or without seeds, experiment to suit your taste. Ground almonds add [ground flax seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds to] Add a beaten egg and mix, needs to be a fairly loosish mixture [again experiment as the thicker it is the drier the final 'bread' will be, then divide between 2 oiled small side plates, cook each in turn in the microwave till set 1-2 mins.
Another good 'bread' is the base of Fat Head pizza, these quantities make 2-3 bases 2 mozzarella balls, 50gms cream cheese and 40 gms double cream, melt all these together in a pan take off the heat then add 250gms ground almonds, 2 beaten eggs and 1 tsp of white vinegar mix well, divide between 2 oiled greaseproof sheets or silicon sheets, use a second piece of oiled paper to smooth out in a 'round' no too thin. Cook for 8-10 mins. I found allowing to cool or use base the next day makes a firmer base for pizza which doesnt crumble when you try to eat it. GIA tomato puree is low carb use that as your tomato base add some herbs [i use fresh basil] and toppings veggies such as mushrooms, peppers [1/2 - 1/3] asparagus, spinach then more cheese on top mozzarella, grated cheese try to cover right to the edge, cook for 8-10 mins.

Reactions: 9893973788

You could make simple almond bread with or without seeds, experiment to suit your taste. Ground almonds add [ground flax seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds to] Add a beaten egg and mix, needs to be a fairly loosish mixture [again experiment as the thicker it is the drier the final 'bread' will be, then divide between 2 oiled small side plates, cook each in turn in the microwave till set 1-2 mins.
Another good 'bread' is the base of Fat Head pizza, these quantities make 2-3 bases 2 mozzarella balls, 50gms cream cheese and 40 gms double cream, melt all these together in a pan take off the heat then add 250gms ground almonds, 2 beaten eggs and 1 tsp of white vinegar mix well, divide between 2 oiled greaseproof sheets or silicon sheets, use a second piece of oiled paper to smooth out in a 'round' no too thin. Cook for 8-10 mins. I found allowing to cool or use base the next day makes a firmer base for pizza which doesnt crumble when you try to eat it. GIA tomato puree is low carb use that as your tomato base add some herbs [i use fresh basil] and toppings veggies such as mushrooms, peppers [1/2 - 1/3] asparagus, spinach then more cheese on top mozzarella, grated cheese try to cover right to the edge, cook for 8-10 mins.
Thank you