Help - Feel like giving up

A

APBNAB703

Female Type 1 for 27 years, 6 stone overweight. Eat rubbish so BS very high.

I want to give up with my diabeties now and just lead a normal life.

Please help me what to do x

Dollyrocker

I'm sorry you feel like that, we all get fed up with it sometimes, you're not alone.

From your post you know what to do though, cut out the junk, test, test, test, you have to get yourself into a routine with it and it becomes a lot easier.

I spent around 8 years doing the minimum but after getting some bad pains in my feet 2 years ago I started to do alot of research on what would help me, I got my HBA1C down form the 8s to the 6s in only 6 months and it was so inspiring.

Have you spoken to your diabetes team about how you are feeling? They will be able to help you put a plan together to start making positive changes. The onus is on you though, with the support of the lovely people on this forum you CAN get control back and you will feel so much better for it, I promise :)

A

APBNAB703

No I havent spoken to my diabetic team about it, If I were to talk to someone I would more than likely burst into tears and at being 41 years old I hardly think that would do. x

Dollyrocker

You know what though, I find sometimes crying helps (though embarassing) it shows that you care and you're fed up and you need help to put it right. It sounds like you're getting down and maybe even depressed about it and the hardest thing to do is to ask for help and so if you get upset, that's what you're doing and they will have to take notice.

Start with baby steps, set a goal such as 'I will do 3 tests today' or 'I will not eat anything bad today' and go from there.

What was your last HBA1C? Maybe set a small target such as getting it down 1 or 1.5% by your next test. Everythiong has a knock on effect and you can see the results, if you cut out the junk you'll lose weight, if you start to study your bs results you're control will improve, eventually you'll feel like you're making progress

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
APBNAB703 said:
Female Type 1 for 27 years, 6 stone overweight. Eat rubbish so BS very high.

I want to give up with my diabeties now and just lead a normal life.

Please help me what to do x

Awww .. you poor lass .. my sympathy goes across to you for the way you feel inside. Yes we all want to live a 'normal' life but unfortunately we have diabetes and have to take control it 'it' and not let it take control of us.

My message is start slowly by looking at your typical day's food and just try cutting out just one rubbish snack at a time. To cut everything out in one swift sweep will not work and probably make matters worse. No, little by little on shall we say on a 2 day basis .. that way by the end of 2wks you should be adapting to less junk. At the same time you could be substituting beneficial healthy snacks to get you through .. how does that grab you? OK I hope!

After you have managed that for 2wks hows about coming boldly back and with pride tell us how you got on and what plans you are making to taking back the control you need to get back to good BG figures.

It wont be easy and it will take determination, but you have already taken the first and most important step by coming in here and sharing.

Now good luck and I sincerely hope you gradually get back to the way you want to be... only you can do it for your self, but we are here with support at any time you call in.

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just want to say that crying usually releases anger, pain & negativity (believe me, I should know!). I actually feel similar to you at the moment although I am type 2 and 58, but nothing seems to be helping me and am about to go on insulin and I am terrified. Perhaps we can support each other?
I also agree with Hobs but would also add it is always easier to give advice to others but very difficult to take that advice on board for yourself (I am there at the moment I think). :roll:

Jude

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Can I remind members that the posting of personal e-mails should not be done on the open Forum, this is the policy here. Please pm the particular member with your details.

If you need a fuller expalnation for the reasons please pm me.

cugila
Forum Monitor