sore stomach

hi
my 11year old son has had type 1 for one year now, he is on lantus and novarapid, control according to hospital is good although for the past month he has had sore stomachs most days, sometimes a few times a day, the pain(and sick feeling) can be when his readings are low, higher or i think when he has had large carb meal and taken a lot of insulin to cover, resulting in sugars going quickly up and down. can anyone help as he is a great boy and doing well and this is worrying him and us especially as he has a 5 day trip to france coming up with the school when he is also going to have a lot on his plate trying to estimate carbs without our help.
thanks
rhona

newbieloon

Dislikes
Diabetes..
Hi im not very advanced in diabetes as i've only had it since November,
but i get a sore tummy too !
My doctor said it was due to me injecting in my belly all the time...
Does he? So anyway i stopped injecting for a short amount of time, and i no longer have a sore tummy. Maybe he should try that
sorry if this is useless,, :lol:

Beav

Dislikes
Alcohol
newbieloon said:
So anyway i stopped injecting for a short amount of time, and i no longer have a sore tummy. Maybe he should try that
sorry if this is useless,, :lol:

Stopped injecting all together or just injected in a different body part?

hi
david very rarely injects into his stomach so it cant be that, have visited gp and had him tested for celeac and test result was negative, still happening most days.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
ferret_campbell said:
hi
david very rarely injects into his stomach so it cant be that, have visited gp and had him tested for celeac and test result was negative, still happening most days.

Its maybe time to ask your gp to refer your lad to see a gastroenterologist at your local infirmary, this way they can carry a more thorough investigation.

Best wishes

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I agree with NIgel, get a referral.

Ken

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Rhona
Agree with previous, best to get him referred to rule anything serious out.
Does your son suffer diarrhea at all?
You might want to look at this thread, might be a possible explanation viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14333
Jus

connors mum

Hi Rohna

I was wondering if u ever got this resolved as my son too has been commplaining of sore stomach for a while now he has been type1 for 2 1/2 yrs 13 years old now x

hello
we r still getting sore stomachs, he has also now been tested for some sort of stomach bacteria, cant remember the name (pyloric?), it was also negative, he also burps a lot when he has these sore stomachs, been told at last clinic visit to try good old fashioned acid stomach remedy, havent tried yet but worth a go, funnily its mostly at bed time and when his sugars are low or fluctuating.