Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As expected mine rose from last years 7.1% (54) to 7.7%(60) - I must try harder (not to be tempted by work birthday goodies - it always seems to be some ones birthday every day!)

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Not been here for a while & mine is 81 (9.6) it was 77 (9.2) in May...

sophiebeal68

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Newly diagnosed type 1.

My first reading was 122, my most recent was 43. I thought that was good but the doctor has phoned today asking to meet because I’m to low? I’m very confused.
I dropped below 4 often but the signs for me are so obvious, I know when to adjust. Maybe they are just checking that I can manage my lows? Going in to see the doc later.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Newly diagnosed type 1.

My first reading was 122, my most recent was 43. I thought that was good but the doctor has phoned today asking to meet because I’m to low? I’m very confused.
I dropped below 4 often but the signs for me are so obvious, I know when to adjust. Maybe they are just checking that I can manage my lows? Going in to see the doc later.
Many GPs will think that a nice low HbA1c for a T1D means that they are only achieving that with too many lows/hypos.
When I got my first result after going on to insulin it was 38 and I fully expected a stern warning from my GP that it was too low.
That never came. Perhaps by then he trusted me enough to know that I knew what I was doing.
Congratulations on your 43 !
Geoff

Reactions: sophiebeal68

sophiebeal68

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Many GPs will think that a nice low HbA1c for a T1D means that they are only achieving that with too many lows/hypos.
When I got my first result after going on to insulin it was 38 and I fully expected a stern warning from my GP that it was too low.
That never came. Perhaps by then he trusted me enough to know that I knew what I was doing.
Congratulations on your 43 !
Geoff

Thanks you Geoff

Skim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mine is 40..

Been fairly stable for the past couple of years since I started carb counting - I also use exactmeals.com - helps a lot

See many people using different units.. there are handy unit conversion tools in the resources page on thehealthierdiabetic.com

evj95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At diagnosis in August it was 103 mmol/mol.

Just had results through from the 16th november and it's at 32 mmol/mol

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Learned that on arrival to hospital 8 weeks ago, I waa 114 (12.6%) or 17mmol...so in January I am hoping to get that right down. Aim is 53 (7%) 8.5mmol.

Hopefully I can pull it around. From my libre I can see i'm at 87 (8.3%) over the last month, over the last two weeks I have been 8.8mmol

Reactions: mytype1.life

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Learned that on arrival to hospital 8 weeks ago, I waa 114 (12.6%) or 17mmol...so in January I am hoping to get that right down. Aim is 53 (7%) 8.5mmol.

Hopefully I can pull it around. From my libre I can see i'm at 87 (8.3%) over the last month, over the last two weeks I have been 8.8mmol

That's my aim too. Next test is December.
I honestly wish I'd had the Libre 20 years ago!! Best of luck, you are definitely on the right path to reducing your HbA1c

acs1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 124 when i first went to doctor to say i was not feelin well. Now just had three months on Glyclizide so hoping for better results. My nurse also says my readings of just over 4 are too low so halved dose to see what happens. ACS

katmcd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
38 (5.6%) down from 52 (6.9%) 3 months before (and down from 125 (13.6%) 2 months before that). Super chuffed and my dexcom G5 predicted 39 so pretty accurate and confirmation that the technology works. Couldn't do without it!

Reactions: mytype1.life

Amanda5656

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My nurse told me today that my hba1c was 91. I am very worried as I am a type 1 diabetic since I was 15 years old. I will be 50 next month. My last test was 84 over 3 months ago I have been trying to watch want I eat at work but need help to improve this very soon.

Felix_Fenlon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Felix here I'm new. My doctor has been monitoring me my hb1ac results were 53 and 57 he isn't too worried but the nurse has ring fenced me and I've got to have a double appointment with her on the 12th of December to discuss things. My sister has been type two for years but now she's on tablets. I'm thinking Im diabetic too as I Have other symptoms. Whats your thoughts please :)

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my very first result back since starting the Libre back in June. Back in May it was 70 (8.6), and it's now down to 49 (6.6) which I am thrilled with! It's been one of the lowest I've ever had and certainly couldn't have done it without the Libre. I've still got a way to go (my nights are a nightmare at the moment) but I'm feeling positive for the first time in years!

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had my very first result back since starting the Libre back in June. Back in May it was 70 (8.6), and it's now down to 49 (6.6) which I am thrilled with! It's been one of the lowest I've ever had and certainly couldn't have done it without the Libre. I've still got a way to go (my nights are a nightmare at the moment) but I'm feeling positive for the first time in years!

Woohoo! Superb result. Well done. The Libre is incredible isn’t it!

Reactions: Levy

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's been an actual life changer! Before I felt very much like your user name

Yep know the feeling! I am for once looking forward to getting my HbA1c results later this month after having the Libre since Sept

Reactions: Levy

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last one was 44 or 6.2%. Got a consultant appointment tomorrow but with being full of cold and BS constantly running high for over the past few months (due to illness and cold weather no doubt) not really looking forward to this one :-(