the big C word

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
i just want to let all the people that may know me, or like me , or even not like me know..........

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer yesterday.

The doctor said it was tiny and only in 1 side of the prostate.

i was pretty numb yesterday being told, but living with D for 43 years has allowed me to put this in my box of illnesses and I am back in the zone today.

if my name were argentina .......and not himtoo ( or even paul ) i would say don't cry for me
life carries on and I will knock this for a 6 :)

That's the spirit @himtoo !

If I looked back and analysed all the conditions I'd worked through in my life, I'd probably have half the alphabet!

My C was 29 years ago, I had three lots of pretty invasive surgery, but hey- I'm here to tell the tale and like you have simply put it in my 'box' of been there done that, move along now

Keep chipper, and if you feel down, come on here and have a rant - we're all here to help carry the load

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Only just seen this thread and wanted to say that I hope everything goes well and that you make a swift and complete recovery from whichever treatment you decide is right for you.

A positive mental attitude has to be the best approach and you sound as if you have that covered, all the best.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi all
Thought I would pop an update on this thread
I have been back to hospital twice since the last time I posted on this thread

in may 2017 my PSA score was 4.8 and I was given another appointment for september 2017 ( my PSA had dropped slightly to 4.1 ) -- my next blood test is due for around christmas and my next follow up appointment at hospital is early january.

no symptoms and feeling positive.

thanks for reading.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no idea what those PSA levels mean, but as you are symptomless and feeling positive, then that sounds excellent to me. :)

Reactions: himtoo

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad for the update and the fact you're reporting it as OK, long may it continue.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Good news and most uplifting, long may it continue. Best wishes.

Survivor53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed late 2013, similar to yourself, luckily it hadn't spread from outside the prostrate so I had the whole thing removed in April 2014, I didn't need any treatment after the surgery, having Da Vinci Robotic to cut it out. I was home walking around in 2 days and never been better, but my surgery have been first class and tell me they will provide me with 6 monthly PSA checks for life, of which I am eternally grateful. I've had more pain with a bad tooth so stay focused and be positive, the right frame of mind is important and you can do this. Good luck and stay in touch mate...And I'm still type 2, lol...

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Will be thinking about you @himtoo. Am a cancer survivor (3x) as well and that is the key to your identity with this - a survivor!! It is amazing how one's attitude affects the results of treatment and I would say that you are already on the upswing! Blessings/L

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
interesting article but still not clear how and from what to supplement with k2 as there is no source for local fresh grass fed butter

there is plenty of info out there.
I eat plenty of strong tasting good quality cheese (Jalsberg is a fave) and supplements made from natto.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am glad to hear there is plenty of information out there. Any keywords with which I should troll? Jarlsberg is a favorite of my nearest and dearest and a fatty brie or a Balkan Kashkaval is mine. Are they good sources of k2? And whatever is natto?

If you google something like ‘dietary sources of K2’ you will find plenty of information, including quite a lot about natto. Or you could simply google natto.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear that but hopefully treatment gets better all the time

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@himtoo... know you put this post on a while back.

Please look at pomi-t capsules and google Prof Robert Thomas as he has done studies on this capsule and it is researched and is not guess work.

I have this and with a teaspoon of turmeric in two teas each day with black pepper. I am absolutely positive that for me-this stopped cancer progressing further in my 2nd boob. Absolutely positive about it.