What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DP seems to be improving finally. Still very achy but I think that is more to do with this vile weather. Had to sit for a while with a Homedics back Heat/massager tied around my left knee as nothing was giving me relief. Got a hot knee now
Bed 7.5 FBG 6.8 and DP only got to 7.8 before descent.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. That omelette - today with 2 mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 rashers streaky bacon and melted red Leicester.
D. Going to have that omelette again. I cannot face going to the supermarket with my knees/legs this painful.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still struggling with cold and still on one meal a day, so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was home made burgers (mince, feta, spinach, tomato, onion) with buttered sprouts. To get calories and fat content up added a bag of pork crunch. Dessert was raspberries and cream.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
ROUND 2.

Breakfast : unsmoked bacon oven cooked to eat with fingers and black coffee

Planning....
Lunch : veg stir- fry
Dinner : Open to ideas. Will look up my past posts here to remind me.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Nothing exciting but better than carbs I was resorted to whilst waiting for a shop.
Yesterday
B: black coffee and insulin to combat liver dump til lunch.
L: fresh cooked chicken in 4 protein bread slices with mayo no butter.(chicken sandwich)
D: half a small thin pepperoni pizza topping only and 2 cod fillets with batter removed. It was really nice pepperoni and melted cheese on cod. Yummy.
S: 2 toasted protein bread slices with butter.
Drinks...... diet lemonade and water throughout the day.
Aha...I'll pluck some more.
I'm on a mission.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Planned for tomorrow but may get altered last minute.
B: egg scrambled in fry light with tinned mackerel in brine. 1 slice of protein bread toasted with upper crust removed.
L: Ham sandwich on protein bread (2 slices), crusts removed. May put on salad cream, maybe.
D: Crispy bacon and precooked potato cubes stir-fried. Baconhash.
Water and diet lemonade with a b/f coffee.
Fingers crossed.
I'm enjoying this.
I need my magic diet back...for good!
Omelettes and egg with protein bread soldiers yum!

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
For dinner I may try tinned mackerel fried crispy and something added.
Still deciding but out of eggs and mackerel so I'm out to local shop today. I definitely fancy something hot, but not spicy!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. I have just realized that the last meals I posted were for Monday. I doubt very much that I will remember what I had Tuesday. So, here goes Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with xylitol and cream. No other breakfast.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: About 80g of macadamias, 40g of 90% chocolate and a babybel cheese (This definitely made up for not having lunch).

Dinner: Three different kinds of cheeses (a piece of Gouda, Rambol and a Bask hard cheese, which is really different and delicious), some mashed swede with butter, sour cream and potato fibers, sauce Bernaise. A glass of dry red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol, nothing else.

Lunch: Bought a salad from a salad buffet at the grocery store consisting of cornsalad, chicken breast, one boiled egg and raw mushrooms. The dressing was a bit carby, at least compared to what I have at home.

Snack: A few macadamias and about two squares of 90% chocolate.

Dinner: A cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan. Some mashed swede with butter, sour cream and potato fibers, sauce Bernaise and lamb. A bit of low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream. A glass of dry red wine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DP seems to be improving finally. Still very achy but I think that is more to do with this vile weather. Had to sit for a while with a Homedics back Heat/massager tied around my left knee as nothing was giving me relief. Got a hot knee now
Bed 7.5 FBG 6.8 and DP only got to 7.8 before descent.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. That omelette - today with 2 mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 rashers streaky bacon and melted red Leicester.
D. Going to have that omelette again. I cannot face going to the supermarket with my knees/legs this painful.
Changed my mind yesterday. Had to go in search of Tegaderm so nipped into M&S at the same time to get something different to omelette. So for dinner ended up with an odd mix of a salmon fillet with a garlic/herby cream cheese mix, 1/2 aubergine with tomato and feta, some marinated anchovies, 4 mozzarella pearls and 2 mini beets.
Bed was 6.8 and FBG was also 6.8. DP still hit 7.8 but we're getting there. Aqua fit today so it will get low today.
B. Fried egg , 2 rashers back bacon, 4 Santini tomatoes and a really nice slice of GF black pudding that the local farm shop has started selling. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - got Aqua fit, water running and have to pick up my new Kenwood Chef Hubby has bought me. Both boys staying tonight so will have to collect No 2 from pre school later (hubby picks up No 1 on a Friday ) and in between get Mac & Bits (as they call it ) made for their dinner. Mac and bits is basically home made Mac N cheese but I add chopped up ham, peas, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, corn and any other veg which is handy. I can't eat it but I'll have Cajun chicken breast , the other 1/2 aubergine and some of that sprouting cauliflower that M&S do.
I may even have a wee prosecco once the boys are bedded for the night.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Passed a couple of milestones today - hit the 80 pound weight loss mark and also achieved a “normal” BMI of 24.6. Still a way to go, but a good sense of achievement.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad. Followed by 30g mixed nuts and 2 squares Lindt 90%.

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmmm
trying to remember last few days... been a bit busy.

had the homemade lamb curry several times, with lots of veg in it. cooked a chicken and some cranberry sauce (cranberries, OJ and zest, xylitol) and then made a chicken/mayo/cranberry sauce filling for my coconut wraps, and his sarnies. with salad. Bone broth (lots of). Mozzarella and beef tomatoes. Olives. Been trying Golden Milk to see if we like it. Mr B is trying a dairy elimination period, and I am psyching myself up to do it with him. We have been sampling various nut milks. Disappointed so far!

I finished the last of the real cream today *cue violins* wont buy more. unless I crack.
Tried some dairy free cheese today for the first time. Probably the last, too. Nearly spat it out. Haven't wanted to be so childish about vile foods since... well, since I was a child.
Oh, and I won't bother with vegan cream substitutes either. O the horror.

Suspect that the next few weeks my diet may consist, in roughly equal quantities; meat, veg, dairy free choc.
Never has Zero Carb looked so appealing.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Passed a couple of milestones today - hit the 80 pound weight loss mark and also achieved a “normal” BMI of 24.6. Still a way to go, but a good sense of achievement.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad. Followed by 30g mixed nuts and 2 squares Lindt 90%.
That's excellent. I really need to up my exercise as my weight loss is very stop start. Main thing is it tends not to go back on (apart from my trip to York/Harrogate and I've lost that 3lbs again).
Now that the DP is getting back under control I reckon I can go back to the 24 hr fasts too.
But anyway, great work you. Do you have much more to go?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hmmm
trying to remember last few days... been a bit busy.

had the homemade lamb curry several times, with lots of veg in it. cooked a chicken and some cranberry sauce (cranberries, OJ and zest, xylitol) and then made a chicken/mayo/cranberry sauce filling for my coconut wraps, and his sarnies. with salad. Bone broth (lots of). Mozzarella and beef tomatoes. Olives. Been trying Golden Milk to see if we like it. Mr B is trying a dairy elimination period, and I am psyching myself up to do it with him. We have been sampling various nut milks. Disappointed so far!

I finished the last of the real cream today *cue violins* wont buy more. unless I crack.
Tried some dairy free cheese today for the first time. Probably the last, too. Nearly spat it out. Haven't wanted to be so childish about vile foods since... well, since I was a child.
Oh, and I won't bother with vegan cream substitutes either. O the horror.

Suspect that the next few weeks my diet may consist, in roughly equal quantities; meat, veg, dairy free choc.
Never has Zero Carb looked so appealing.
Did you get away?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I changed my dinner again. While the 2 munchkins and OH were wading their way through mac & Bits with gusto I had to find something I could eat one handed while helping the wee one so ended up again with chicken wings , garlic dip and the other half of that aubergine.
No 1 was a bit grizzly (think he's still a bit low after that bug) so I allowed myself to be persuaded to take both of them to swimming tomorrow morning. Why do I feel I might regret it
There again they might be good. At least both are in bed, stories done and it's all quiet.
Still haven't unpacked the new Kenwood which arrived today but it's a big beast ( had a look in the box).

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's excellent. I really need to up my exercise as my weight loss is very stop start. Main thing is it tends not to go back on (apart from my trip to York/Harrogate and I've lost that 3lbs again).
Now that the DP is getting back under control I reckon I can go back to the 24 hr fasts too.
But anyway, great work you. Do you have much more to go?

Thanks. Have 1.3 kg to go to get to my initial target. However, there is still a fair amount of fat around my middle, so I will reassess once I get there. The new target might be around inches to lose rather than weight as it’s hard to know how to quantify it. I also have an appointment at the gym for next week to see about some light conditioning work to see if that helps remove the remaining fat.

I think not putting on is the most important thing - so long as the overall trend is in the right direction. The 24 hour fasts really help with weight loss.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today 24-11-17
Breakfast : Coffee with semi-skimmed milk (for now).
Lunch : 4 rashes of smoked bacon in 2 slices of protein bread, no butter but no fat cut off either.
Dinner : 2 large fish shop cod with batter removed. Full so no supper.

Lemonade and another coffee.
Hypo treated with chocolate but reducing insulin.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
25-11-17

B: bacon slices or ham slices wrapping soft cheese.

Hoping to have an interesting omelette.

Maybe sausages or similiar later, too.

Will edit to confirm.