Blood count has gone hay wire????

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Hi all,
I`m realy confused????.

My blood count has gone up and i dont know why.

I have tried eating at 7.30 at night then not eating again untill 7.30 the next morning and thats after four hours at work and get a reading of 9.1????????. And this is after my Metformin has been incresed.
Anyone any idears????.

Graham :twisted: :twisted:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Are you taking your Metformin with your meal and what are you eating and how much of it? Metformin can't help if you overburden your system with carbs. If you cut back on the carbs, you should be able to get control again. If not, your medication will need changing.
It's not true that you can eat anything you like in any quantity. The Health Care Professionals give the impression you can, but it just doesn't work.
Hana

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Hmmm ... I have ideas but my advice is go and get it sorted out by the professionals.

Dont forget that your liver will dump glucose if you have used up all of your last meal.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
I had pasta with home made tomato sause in the evening and a low fat chees roll in the morning, Any help?.
Graham. :twisted: :twisted:

anniep

Pasta, bread and even tomatos are very bad for my BG. The pasta and bread for me, are a killer to the system, I would easliy be getting reading in the 8's and 9's if I ate them.

When I ate toast for breakfast, my BG would rise into double figures and stay there until lunch time.

Have you tried reducing the amount of carbs that you eat?

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Thanks, I will have to try something else now.
Never had this problem with pasta before, things must have changed.
Oh well is life.
Graham :twisted: :twisted: