Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Artificial sweeteners?

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can taste the sweeteners, but not too much... and IT IS ICE-CREAM!!

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Artificial sweeteners?
I just looked, I have the chocolate and hazelnut and the salted caramel, they both have Erythritol and Stevia, but the flavours I have are delicious :hungry:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I just looked, I have the chocolate and hazelnut and the salted caramel, they both have Erythritol and Stevia, but the flavours I have are delicious :hungry:

Thanks, lass. They look tasty but I do not take AS as a rule.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Just ordered one of each Of the chocolate and the caramel from Asda. :)

Reactions: Goonergal

LidiaS

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I make a super quick, incredibly easy, instant lchf ice cream.
You'll need a food processor/blender for this:
Throw in a large handful of FROZEN berries
Add a 300ml pot of double cream
And a squirt of super concentrated water flavouring (Oasis or similar) or sweetener to taste.
Blitz it all together for a few seconds until it miraculously turns into the most amazing ice cream. Eat immediately (makes two very generous portions)

Honeyend

I tried it, thought it tasted pretty good, but I am so sensitive to sweetener that I had an after taste for at least two hours, so I though it away.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit I bought a tub of this in ASDA when fulfilling my OH's requirement for some Haagen Dazs. That is my first commercial ice cream since diagnosis.

I bought the Vanilla, and it's fine, but to my taste these days, very sweet. It's nice to have as an option, especially in the coming days/weeks of entertaining and so on.

My OH rather liked it too, but he has his own Madagascan Vanilla (as well as salted caramel and cookie dough) to keep him occupied. "mine" has been buried to minimise erroneous snaffling.

Cunning, moi? [ nods ]

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My OH rather liked it too, but he has his own Madagascan Vanilla (as well as salted caramel and cookie dough) to keep him occupied. "mine" has been buried to minimise erroneous snaffling.

Cunning, moi? [ nods ]
I have three flavours in my freezer, in a ziplock bag with a note stuck on saying “hands off!”

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit I bought a tub of this in ASDA when fulfilling my OH's requirement for some Haagen Dazs. That is my first commercial ice cream since diagnosis.

I bought the Vanilla, and it's fine, but to my taste these days, very sweet. It's nice to have as an option, especially in the coming days/weeks of entertaining and so on.

Cunning, moi? [ nods ]

:)

I found the Oppo vanilla disappointing and a bit "grainy". The chocolate and hazlenut is much nicer - still sweet, but with some double cream it goes down nicely.