Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Maxwell,

I would like to exercise but I lack energy and not eating properly because I’m afraid of spikes in my bg.

Please kindly share / advice what I should eat to increase my energy levels without spikes on bg.

Thank you.

Andrew

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Maxwell,

I would like to exercise but I lack energy and not eating properly because I’m afraid of spikes in my bg.

Please kindly share / advice what I should eat to increase my energy levels without spikes on bg.

Thank you.

Andrew
Andrew
I recommend anything without too many carbs, such as starting the day with bacon and eggs for breakfast. Add tomatoes and mushrooms if you need more. This should set you up for the day without spiking your bg.
My lunches are usually ham, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, olives, pickled onions and sun dried tomatoes.
Maxwell

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi Maxwell,

Thank you.

Andrew

I can't offer any better advise than to eat to your meter. I used to worry about spikes caused by ex cerise too but decided mine were worth the end result. Maybe some one else can chip in here ? All I can say is that I feel much better with regular activity. ( a half hour walk in the morning and a mile or two bike ride to the supermarket each day , which gives me an excuse to get out )