High fats

Hi,
I am vegetarian can't eat eggs too.Following lchf ,For high fat I am taking 60-80 grams of cheez prepared from Buffalo-milk/day in addition to nuts and Olive oil.Is it safe for t2 and high bad cholesterol?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I am vegetarian can't eat eggs too.Following lchf ,For high fat I am taking 60-80 grams of cheez prepared from Buffalo-milk/day in addition to nuts and Olive oil.Is it safe for t2 and high bad cholesterol?
For most people it is the carbs that raise the cholesterol. Not the fat. Lots of us have improved our cholesterol with lchf. Choose your fats wisely.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe the term HIGH fats used in LCHF is a misnomer - It's generally just NORMAL fat but is simply higher compared with the reduced /low fat foods that peiple have previously been persuaded to eat, and for the most part when eaten sensibly should do no harm.

Robbity

Reactions: 9893973788

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Is it safe for t2 and high bad cholesterol?

In January of last year my total cholesterol was 4. My GP said I wasn't eating enough, a theory that I had heard before. So I increased the amount of cheese I was eating, along with yoghurt and even full cream, my cholesterol went up to 5.7.

I avoid those particular items again and my total cholesterol is back to 4. We're all different so it might be best to say "suck it and see", hopefully it will not cause any changes to the detriment.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In January of last year my total cholesterol was 4. My GP said I wasn't eating enough, a theory that I had heard before. So I increased the amount of cheese I was eating, along with yoghurt and even full cream, my cholesterol went up to 5.7.

Which lipids went up and did any come down? We all know these days how the total is meaningless. Were both tests fasting?

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Reactions: Bluetit1802

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
One theory is that high fat is OK as long as your carbs are really low. So on a sliding scale, the lower your carbs the more fat you can afford to eat. But if ever you fall off the low carb wagon you MUST reduce your fat intake forthwith, or disaster looms! I am currently eating more cheese than you, but am thinking I should cut back. I'm due for my next blood test in January so until then I'm just guessing.