Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi good day everyone

I want to buy Freestyle liber but I want to know all informations about it

Does the use of the sensor end with the duration or the number of times of use ?

Jkoko56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The sensor cuts off after 2 weeks. The number of times you use it does not matter but to have a continuous reading you should use it at least every 8 hours. It will still read if you leave it longer but the record will be interrupted.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2
D

Deleted Account

You do not "use" the Libre a certain number of times.
The Libre sensor measures your BG every 15 minutes. It stores 8 hours of these reading on the sensor.
When you swipe the sensor, you download the last 8 hours of results on to the reader (which may be your phone).

As @Jkoko56 mentions, there is no limitation to how many times you swipe.

Bear in mind the Libre does not measure the glucose in your blood - it uses something called interstitial fluid which the Libre uses to calculate your BG. This is not as accurate as pricking your finger.

However, the value of the Libre is the history and trends you get from the 15 minutes tests that it does. This provides you with data to work out what impact certain foods have on your BG - how high does it go, how long after eating does your BG reach its peak and how long does it stay there?

I compare using a Libre to replace finger pricking with using an iPhone for just making phone calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Good explanation Thank you just problems it's not available in my country yet