ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My friend had bariatric surgery and was not allowed to eat meat for several weeks after her surgery. Good luck to you
That may be common but not permanent. The stomach has been operated on so it may have been too heavy on the cut. Stressing the stomach wouldnt be a good start. Liquids only for a few weeks after. Like a new babies tummy. I won't be dashing in, that's for sure.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Me three. Fruit is the worst thing for fatty livers and therefore insulin resistance.
I wish my mum thought like you. I have no chance of getting her off fruit. She said shed binge on sweet and chocolate if no fruit. She buys 2 bowls of fruit a week. She lives alone. Oh! And she has fatty liver.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
That may be common but not permanent. The stomach has been operated on so it may have been too heavy on the cut. Stressing the stomach wouldnt be a good start. Liquids only for a few weeks after. Like a new babies tummy. I won't be dashing in, that's for sure.
Yes it wasn’t permanent, sadly even though she went through all the surgery and a massive initial weight loss she went back to eating as she used to .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I’m a snacker ... or grazer ... I can’t eat very big meals of late so I eat smaller amounts but a little more often . Apart from mornings when I’m at work .. so I will sit on the sofa ha ha
I was grazing on nuts and cheese on first attempt of lchf and I added weight. None has lost me 4st in 10mths.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes it wasn’t permanent, sadly even though she went through all the surgery and a massive initial weight loss she went back to eating as she used to .
Oh that's really sad. :(
My psychologist told me someone added their 17st they lost. OMG!

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
I was grazing on nuts and cheese on first attempt of lchf and I added weight. None has lost me 4st in 10mths.
Oh yes cheeeeeeese ... I went a bit ott with it too and did the same . Great weight loss well done you !

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think what the snacks are and how big is the key, if snacks are needed.
We are all different. Since thread maker @SHmano is a type1 I'm guessing some type1s need snacks. Insulin works in the same way. Released along the day with response to digestion. Small and often is sanctioned by Dr Bernstein. Smaller insulin units then smaller chance of the need for a correction if judged wrongly.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I go against the tide with snacking. I am of the generation where no-one snacked other than an odd biscuit sometimes. We had our 3 meals a day plus a drink and maybe a biscuit at bedtime. No-one grazed in those days. My husband is the same, as is our daughter. My adult grandchildren are different. They are grazers. It seems to be the done thing to do these days. I cannot for the life of me understand why. If we eat sufficient nutrients in our regular meals there is no biological need for it.

I will go and hide under a chair now ..... ;)
I am the same generation that never really snacked still don't. Yes my grown up grandchildren graze to .My parents when they were alive had a cup of tea and something for supper every evening about 9pm it could be a bacon sandwich cold meat or cheese and pickle whatever they had in and many people of their generation always had supper

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the same generation that never really snacked still don't. Yes my grown up grandchildren graze to .My parents when they were alive had a cup of tea and something for supper every evening about 9pm it could be a bacon sandwich cold meat or cheese and pickle whatever they had in and many people of their generation always had supper

Yes, same as my family. Certainly something has happened to change all this. I'm just glad I was brought up as a non-grazer and have continued throughout my life.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, same as my family. Certainly something has happened to change all this. I'm just glad I was brought up as a non-grazer and have continued throughout my life.
I think it was because the majority of people back then had their main meal midday and then had tea about 4.30/ 5pm which was bread butter and jam or Marmite and cake of some kind so I suppose by the evening they were hungry again. By the time I married in the late 50's the trend then was more to have our main meal in early evening so we were not hungry after that so the evening supper really died out and as you said it was just a biscuit with a cup of tea before bed time

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was because the majority of people back then had their main meal midday and then had tea about 4.30/ 5pm which was bread butter and jam or Marmite and cake of some kind so I suppose by the evening they were hungry again. By the time I married in the late 50's the trend then was more to have our main meal in early evening so we were not hungry after that so the evening supper really died out and as you said it was just a biscuit with a cup of tea before bed time

When I was a child throughout the 50s and early 60s only on weekends and Christmas did we have our main meal at mid day, when no-one was working or at school. Other than those times it was always at tea time, but earlier than many eat now. It would be ready and on the table in time for dad to arrive home from work. We don't eat till 7 or a bit later these days. Lunches were always quick, easy, and light, and still are..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I never snack, unless a hypo fixer... from generation when snacks werent ate.

I disliked the mixed insulin I was originally put on oh, so many decades ago... as then I was forced to eat and snack and boy, I disliked it.

Thank goodness for basal now and the excuse of basal testing-all day everyday in my case..

Snacks have no appeal at all but for nourishment everyday hubby does give me a weeny ramekin of mixed nuts.

Reactions: Bluetit1802