Feeling uneasy

Hi,
This is my 20th day on lchf diet.I am feeling totally discharged,no will to work at all.today I had loose motion.pl advice

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I don't no what changes you made initially that is did you drop you carbohydrate level drastically to start with, as sometimes it is better to reduce carbohydrates incrementally in stages over a period of time as a sudden change can leave you feeling low in energy. Also the higher fat part of LCHF is supposed to compensate for the loss of energy from the lower carbs I believe.

Also It may be beneficial to let us know what if any meds you are taking as that can make a difference also.

Reactions: 9893973788

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
This is my 20th day on lchf diet.I am feeling totally discharged,no will to work at all.today I had loose motion.pl advice

Please can you give us an idea of the food you eat in a typical day?
Were you feeling well before you lost your motivation, or has it been the case since you started your new diet?
Are you testing your blood glucose at all?

I don't no what changes you made initially that is did you drop you carbohydrate level drastically to start with, as sometimes it is better to reduce carbohydrates incrementally in stages over a period of time as a sudden change can leave you feeling low in energy. Also the higher fat part of LCHF is supposed to compensate for the loss of energy from the lower carbs I believe.

Also It may be beneficial to let us know what if any meds you are taking as that can make a difference also.
I am not taking any medicine

Please can you give us an idea of the food you eat in a typical day?
Were you feeling well before you lost your motivation, or has it been the case since you started your new diet?
Are you testing your blood glucose at all?
Hi Bluetit,
Thanks for the reply,
My first drink is green leaves juice at 11:00am
Lunch- I take stomach full salad of cucumber,spinich,tomato,carrot,raw papaya,soaked peanuts,parsley,80grams of cheese,2-4tspoon of olive oil.
Supper-10-15 almonds,some walnut
Dinner-plenty of cooked vegetables,pulses with two flat breads(50grams)of wheat.
Drinking about2 ltr water.
Yes I am feeling tired Before starting lchf,but intensity is increased.
My BG remain 80-90 throughout the day(before and after 2hrs of intake).
However it increases slightly up to 140 after dinner.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im not surprised. im assuming your a vegetarian. your not getting enough fat in your diet. and possibly the bread is stopping the switch to fat metabolism. whats your total carbs per day. apart from the bread your diet is extremely low in carbs. its better to do a very slow swap say a 100 carbs then slowly drop. its the risk of dropping to fast it can some times not be sustained.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
your not getting enough fat in your diet.

Don't forget that we are all very different. My body doesn't tolerate fat and in fact fat will literally go straight through me and I've done the test that shows exactly that.

No doubt LCHF suits a lot of people and is well tolerated, there are those who have to watch the fat content because of the loose movements mentioned in the original post. I'm not suggesting it's the problem here, who can tell?

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't forget that we are all very different. My body doesn't tolerate fat and in fact fat will literally go straight through me and I've done the test that shows exactly that.

No doubt LCHF suits a lot of people and is well tolerated, there are those who have to watch the fat content because of the loose movements mentioned in the original post. I'm not suggesting it's the problem here, who can tell?
i agree its not for everyone. but the op is on near zero fat and very low carbs without his flat breads it would be very very low. and not masses of protean. so not a lot of fuel in your body is going to be unhappy.but if this diet is an attempt at lchf its not really one that a body can live with. if the body cant get a source of energy from food it will destroy itself trying to stay alive. a vegetarian diet is fine if your into it as is a lchf im not sure the two can mix very well.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
a vegetarian diet is fine if your into it as is a lchf im not sure the two can mix very well.

My brief 6 week encounter with a very low calorie diet a la Newcastle Diet was really my normal diet minus sources of protein, so no beef/pork/chicken/lamb/fish/dairy and only two eggs a week. I've got weight to lose so it's probable that I'm using stored energy rather than consumed energy. A problem if you don't have fat to burn, but then even skinny people have fat to burn.

Thanks to all,
Of course I am vegetarian and do not have proper idea to follow lchf.
Except cheez,peanut, walnut will you suggest some more fat options.