Morning breakfast

biren1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I usually eat 2 eggs with mushrooms on every morning and I m very much bored with it. I don't know what other options available for me. All have carbs. Does anyone know if there are any low carbs available? Is there any low carb cereal?or anything else with low carb? Please advise.

Regards

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@biren1973 Im glad you've started this thread as I was going to ask the same question myself. I usually have some berries with yoghurt but I'm getting a bit bored with it too.

D

Deleted Account

I have just discovered egg muffins. They are easy to make, you can choose your fillings and can be quickly reheated in the microwave.
This is the basic recipe I use but I tweak it according to what I have in my fridge at the time and usually spice them up with some piri-piri sauce.

Reactions: novorapidboi26

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
High meat content sausages. 'Debbie and Andrews' sausages are lovely. Dietdoctor has some recipes for low carb granola, I believe.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have avocado or a slice of deli turkey/ chicken with avo smashed in and wrapped in lettuce.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I often have leftovers from previous nights dinner, even salads. Breakfast does not have to be eggs.

JanCoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I usually eat 2 eggs with mushrooms on every morning and I m very much bored with it. I don't know what other options available for me. All have carbs. Does anyone know if there are any low carbs available? Is there any low carb cereal?or anything else with low carb? Please advise.

Regards
I often have leftovers from previous nights dinner, even salads. Breakfast does not have to be eggs.
I normally have porridge which is good for cholesterol and diabetes

D

Deleted member 308541

Bacon......;)
Bacon is a must for breakfast, alongside cheese and mushroom omelettes.

Reheated Fried left over meat and veggies in a non stick pan from the night before makes a good farmers breakfast as well.

Edit: Changed Reheated to Fried.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know what you mean but to be honest I just love eggs. I have a contest with myself to make the best scrambled eggs in the world in the microwave. Lidl have a triangular seeded high protein bap and I have half a one toasted with butter and cheese and egg on top -- scrambled, fried or poached. Sometimes with cherry tomatoes. Crispy grilled streaky bacon is nice. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg for a treat. Omelette with everything I can find in it, finished under the grille to make it rise and brown. Boil-in-the-bag kippers for a change (with the back door open and the fan on). Sometimes nothing except a pint of really good coffee & double cream.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cauli kedgeree is not bad - I use up cauliflower from the previous evening - even I can't eat a whole one, with some smoked haddock or kippers.