Whole foods versus low carb

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

I am trying to choose a different life style. I did already eat healthy but it not good enough

So I do find one group That is pro low carb and says carbs are the problem. Low carb like 20 carbs a day to prevent diabetis.

And there one other group That is whole foods / vegan That eats no meat and not much diary. So thats is the opponent opposit of low carb.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE? That one group says No carbs and the other group does eat carbs. They eat legumes patatoes fruit some do eat diary but no processed food and no meat meat is the problem here.

Can somebody explain help me? Both group have great results with their sugar problems. But how can one group eat a lot of Meat and the other call meat thw problem and both have better results.

What is resolving the ir diabetis??
We are all different. That is why we test, record, test again etc to find our own solution and what works for us. We can take on board many experiences of others, and try what has worked for them, as ideas for what to try ourselves.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When my cholesterol levels went down after starting a low carb diet the nurse said it was a delayed reaction to the cholesterol diet I'd been doing for nearly two years prior to diagnosis.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When my cholesterol levels went down after starting a low carb diet the nurse said it was a delayed reaction to the cholesterol diet I'd been doing for nearly two years prior to diagnosis.
Haha. She’s so smart

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I purchased a cholesterol level test from a well known pharmacy in the UK beginning with B ( Other pharmacies are available ), and was so confused how to do the test. I messed it up, so on the second one I got it licked. I scored 5. I was so happy, and I really do put it down to eating whole foods. I do buy the odd low carb loaf, but find the seeds stick in my teeth. I have to find non seeded ones, but the supermarket closest to me only sells the seeded one.