Help broken insulin pen

James AD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi this is a request for help I am flying in to Newcastle from Dubai and I have just dropped and broken my Luxura Insulin Pen, the insulin itself is fine but the pen is snapped in two. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a new one in Newcastle when I land? It is not to desperate I am still on my night time dose and can 'run hot' for a couple of days of I have to buy any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

B1LLY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would say the best thing to do is go to a pharmacy asap any should be able to help you or u can speak to a online doctor

James AD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Billy, my hope is that someone on here will be able recommend a pharmacy in Newcastle that I can go straight to as I'm not familiar with the city

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Google.......Boots pharmacy Newcastle. This should be a good starting point.
Not sure anyone will be able to help fast but you've got to start somewhere.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
any will do. you should not need a script for an emergency supply.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@James AD. If you can obtain a syringe then you could use that to draw insulin from vial to inject.

D

Deleted Account

Thanks Billy, my hope is that someone on here will be able recommend a pharmacy in Newcastle that I can go straight to as I'm not familiar with the city
Newcastle is a large city - there are many pharmacies . It depends which area you are staying in, what time you arrive (they are not open 24 x 7), etc.
If you Google Pharmacies in Newcastle, you will get nearly 100 responses.
Boots is the largest in the city centre (in Eldon Square) but any should be able to advise you about where to buy a new insulin pen.

It is always good advice to take twice as much of everything you need when you go away: from test strips to insulin to insulin pens. You never know when something will fail.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi this is a request for help I am flying in to Newcastle from Dubai and I have just dropped and broken my Luxura Insulin Pen, the insulin itself is fine but the pen is snapped in two. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a new one in Newcastle when I land? It is not to desperate I am still on my night time dose and can 'run hot' for a couple of days of I have to buy any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
Hope you got a new pen in relatively short order - a couple of years ago I decided to get a spare pen for my Humulog Insulin - this was after I was at a music festival and near the end of the night (early morning) I noticed that my BGs were a little high probably from all the beer and good tasting food I had been eating that day so I go to give my self a shot to get the BGS back down and suddenly I discover I've lost my pen. Terrible feeling one gets when that happens. So about 2 in the morning my spouse and I retraced all our routes hoping to find this Insulin pen - thankfully I found it lying along the side of a bench I had been sitting on earlier in the evening. After that I bought a spare pen - just in case. You really feel vulnerable when something like that happens ...

James AD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks for all the suggestions and advice, the Newcastle Diabetes Centre cane to my rescue and I can now take my insulin

Reactions: Snapsy and slip