Prediabetes Is there a recommended blood test app?

Orangeteddy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I have decided to get a blood tester but wondered if there is an app that most people use to record their results? Something simple, and idiot proof would do me. I'm newly diagnosed as prediabetic and don't want to obsess about it but am keen to learn and see what my blood s doing.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have decided to get a blood tester but wondered if there is an app that most people use to record their results? Something simple, and idiot proof would do me. I'm newly diagnosed as prediabetic and don't want to obsess about it but am keen to learn and see what my blood s doing.
I use Diabetes Journal, it does everything I need.

Well worth the $2.00 to get rid of the adverts, it gets updated frequently with new features / bug fixes.

Reactions: Orangeteddy

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use MySugr, I just have the free version, no ads. Nice clear graphics and if you input enough data, it’ll estimate your HbA1c.
I also use Glucose Companion which I paid a small amount for to get rid of the ads. It has brilliant graphs for blood sugars and weight.

Reactions: Orangeteddy
D

Deleted member 308541

Something simple, and idiot proof would do me.
I tried nearly every diabetes app on the Google Play store, some were better than DJ but were pretty complicated and had features that I did not understand 3½ years ago.

I settled on DJ as I only wanted / needed a log book to record my readings, then export to a pdf file which I could print out for my GP. After a while with it I started using the chart and averaging feature.

Try them all out till you find one you like.

Jo1407

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My son and I use mySugr. It’s brilliant because he enters readings on his phone at school and I can see what they are on my phone.