Latest hbA1c results Type 2 Diabetes Reversed.

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all,
It is some time since I have posted here but I have been lurking occasionally.
I was diagnosed type 2 in July 2015 and within the month after hitting this great community I was firmly LCHF.
At Diagnosis my hbA1c was 75.

Latest from a couple of days ago 41. Over the five tests I have had since Low Carbing it has gone from 75 to :
Cholesterol from 8.5 to :

This really works!!! My G.P. practice does a full blood panel which consists of 36 different tests,I have the print outs to prove it.Six months ago ALL measurements were in the Green and the same a few days ago.They will do this for you if they know you are putting the effort in.
My G.P. is delighted and stated "You have reversed your type 2 diabetes" I corrected him as I prefer to say I am in remission.You should see what a baked potato does!!! ( I know but I'm only human!!).
I have lost 35 pounds and my Blood Pressure with some meds is normal.I sleep better, feel much better, have more energy and am less cranky (allegedly!!!).
You find over time you get used to the diet and eventually it seems normal and is enjoyable.Bacon and Eggs anyone!!!At first it is really hard but any significant change always is.
Anyway many good people here steered me in the right direction, and it has really worked for me.
If you are newly diagnosed or struggling with this......don't give up!!!

Stick here with the rest of us and you will be just fine.

Onwards.

Reactions: 75Bedford

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey sorry I haven't been around.But thought some long term results might be useful.

Long term results are more than useful, they are inspiring especially to newcomers that feel it can never happen. Presumably because it has been drummed in that it is a progressive disease.

Arlmy

Hey all,
It is some time since I have posted here but I have been lurking occasionally.
I was diagnosed type 2 in July 2015 and within the month after hitting this great community I was firmly LCHF.
At Diagnosis my hbA1c was 75.

Latest from a couple of days ago 41. Over the five tests I have had since Low Carbing it has gone from 75 to :
Cholesterol from 8.5 to :

This really works!!! My G.P. practice does a full blood panel which consists of 36 different tests,I have the print outs to prove it.Six months ago ALL measurements were in the Green and the same a few days ago.They will do this for you if they know you are putting the effort in.
My G.P. is delighted and stated "You have reversed your type 2 diabetes" I corrected him as I prefer to say I am in remission.You should see what a baked potato does!!! ( I know but I'm only human!!).
I have lost 35 pounds and my Blood Pressure with some meds is normal.I sleep better, feel much better, have more energy and am less cranky (allegedly!!!).
You find over time you get used to the diet and eventually it seems normal and is enjoyable.Bacon and Eggs anyone!!!At first it is really hard but any significant change always is.
Anyway many good people here steered me in the right direction, and it has really worked for me.
If you are newly diagnosed or struggling with this......don't give up!!!

Stick here with the rest of us and you will be just fine.

Onwards.
Well done, I’m newly diagnosed prediabetic - this is very encouraging as I’m starting to get fed up of the diet and planning
I will keep going

Reactions: Guzzler