Oooopppps

marty_kuh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
b****r thought i would sneak a bite of the daughters snikkers bar last nigh, but got up this,morning an bloods up to 12 that will teach me LOL,, ok it wasn't just a bite i eat the full bar(my bad). oh well i enjoyed it,, so back to the surgical admissions this morning to have the OPP they cancelled in November might get done this time

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
so back to the surgical admissions this morning to have the OPP they cancelled in November might get done this time

All the best, I hope they don't get concerned about your BG. I have heard of ops being postponed because of BG concerns.

I had a laparotomy as the result of a failure to diagnose a burst appendix and peritonitis (my first words to GP were actually "I think I have appendicitis, but don't have all the symptoms"). Luckily I was "fast tracked" and after a consultation and a scan and a phone call to confirm I had a lump, seven weeks later I had the laparotomy.

They were concerned about my BG on the morning (10.2) but had no choice because they still weren't 100% sure what the problem was. Luckily I had previously been prescribed antibiotics because the GP thought I had an infected gall bladder (unusual for 60+ year olds to have appendicitis), it served to keep the peritonitis under control. The anesthetist was brilliant because he just had me hooked up to the necessary to monitor and control my BG during the operation.

Hope it all goes well!

Reactions: marty_kuh

marty_kuh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All the best, I hope they don't get concerned about your BG. I have heard of ops being postponed because of BG concerns.

I had a laparotomy as the result of a failure to diagnose a burst appendix and peritonitis (my first words to GP were actually "I think I have appendicitis, but don't have all the symptoms"). Luckily I was "fast tracked" and after a consultation and a scan and a phone call to confirm I had a lump, seven weeks later I had the laparotomy.

They were concerned about my BG on the morning (10.2) but had no choice because they still weren't 100% sure what the problem was. Luckily I had previously been prescribed antibiotics because the GP thought I had an infected gall bladder (unusual for 60+ year olds to have appendicitis), it served to keep the peritonitis under control. The anesthetist was brilliant because he just had me hooked up to the necessary to monitor and control my BG during the operation.

Hope it all goes well!
thanks DavidGrahamJones
to be fair for the last 2 weeks its been way under 10 they were abit concerned about last A1c but when they checked other A1c results they were happy it was a one off. only cancelled due to theatre emergency last time. but we will see when we get there

Reactions: DavidGrahamJones

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your opp goes well!
I expect The Mars Bar Incident was more to do with nerves about the opp than anything else.
Just chalk it up to experience, and focus on the opp being over :)

By the way, if they say that your bg is a bit high, tell them it rises when you are stressed, and being pre-opp is pretty stressful! Both of those things are true, by the way.
I get raised morning readings with stress and bad dreams. Heaven knows what i would be like before an operation.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fingers crossed it all goes well. Go get 'em Tiger!

Reactions: marty_kuh

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I've tried the "sneaky"quick bite myself thinking "what they don't see, they don't know" The problem is we have a spy in our body called blood. Hope all goes well

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
as long as you enjoyed it you will survive.