Celebrating another year of Pre-D

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
Good day UK - Yesterday (in California) I celebrated my 63rd birthday. I'm happy and grateful for all of you who participate in these forums. You keep me motivated to keep up the hard work. I have now been pre-diabetic for 13 years. When my first GP doctor told me of my diagnosis I had little hope of this kind of success. So did the GP. I've since changed GP's many times over the years. They all tell me the same thing. "Keep up the good work. Whatever you are doing is correct. See you in 6 months" They check my hA1c every 6 months for change.

Reactions: miszu

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done, and Happy Birthday to u! Keep it up. Have a lovely day! X

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Terrific result, @jwongcsp, both on keeping your bg under control, and on your 63rd birthday; both things worth being happy about. Hope you celebrated in an appropriate way! (that is, you had a nice treat of some sort)

Best wishes to you :)

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy birthday and well done on your sucess at not progressing to type 2!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Time to go shopping!! I always buy myself a treat on my diabersary. And my birthday of course. Any excuse I can get actually!!

Happy birthday and congrats on your wonderful success!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Arlmy

Good day UK - Yesterday (in California) I celebrated my 63rd birthday. I'm happy and grateful for all of you who participate in these forums. You keep me motivated to keep up the hard work. I have now been pre-diabetic for 13 years. When my first GP doctor told me of my diagnosis I had little hope of this kind of success. So did the GP. I've since changed GP's many times over the years. They all tell me the same thing. "Keep up the good work. Whatever you are doing is correct. See you in 6 months" They check my hA1c every 6 months for change.

Happy belated birthday Jwongcsp

What is you HbA1c now?
Haven’t the GP not cleared you or said that you were you were non diabetic at any point in these 13 years

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who are not willing to give up sugar, starches, fizzy drinks, and processed carbohydrates.
Happy belated birthday Jwongcsp

What is you HbA1c now?
Haven’t the GP not cleared you or said that you were you were non diabetic at any point in these 13 years
My last 2 test were 5.9 and 5.8. I am still considered pre-diabetic if I am above 5.7.

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Terrific result, @jwongcsp, both on keeping your bg under control, and on your 63rd birthday; both things worth being happy about. Hope you celebrated in an appropriate way! (that is, you had a nice treat of some sort)

Best wishes to you :)
Thank you Salvia - I had dinner with my family.

Reactions: Salvia

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done, and Happy Birthday to u! Keep it up. Have a lovely day! X
Thank you miszu. I had a chance to ride my bike today.

jwongcsp

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Happy birthday and well done on your sucess at not progressing to type 2!
In USA HbA1c above 5.7 is considered pre-diabetes. What is it in the UK? 40?

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed on fasting and a glucose tolerence test. I have since only had one prediabetic HBA1C when I went off plan for a bit.