What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It has snowed all day yesterday and through the night. Everything is now covered in snow and wonderful to look at. However, I am still happy I don't have to go out today.

Seems a lot of us are now down with the cold. Hope everyone is feeling better soon, @dogslife, @HelenHak, @Granny_grump_, @Goacher55 and others (I apologize if I left someone out).

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.

Have a great weekend all.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.7 with liver dump. I'm so much more relaxed about testing and monitoring my bgs. I know my hba1c will be higher but it was soooo much effort and taking attention from my children's needs.
Whoever thinks insulin for type2s is the easy option is wrong. It's very hard work. Especially trying to lower very high units too. I've reduced my basal (nearly triple strength and called toujeo300) from 72 units to 51 units last month. Still waiting for more than 5lb weight loss.
I think I'm just too impatient. Using a little more novarapid as a result thou, due to xmas carbs. :s
Well it is xmas and out for more meals.
Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning all. It has snowed all day yesterday and through the night. Everything is now covered in snow and wonderful to look at. However, I am still happy I don't have to go out today.

Seems a lot of us are now down with the cold. Hope everyone is feeling better soon, @dogslife, @HelenHak, @Granny_grump_, @Goacher55 and others (I apologize if I left someone out).

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.

Have a great weekend all.
@ziggy weather same here not deep snow just a light covering but I won't be making snow balls anytime soon! Thank you for your good wishes,also hope all who aren't well feel better soon! K
BG early this morning was 6.2

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.3 at 10:30 seems to be my level without metformin very much space for progress :shifty::meh::)
@Freema but your off the metformin and that's quite an achievement and further down the line your levels could drop,but still not high but I do understand your concern you like them lower, but well done to you! K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema but your off the metformin and that's quite an achievement and further down the line your levels could drop,but still not high but I do understand your concern you like them lower, but well done to you! K

thank you dear... well my character is a bit weak... I wish I would find it much more tempting to go under 100 grams of carb a day

Reactions: Glenmac and ziggy_w

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

We had quite a lot of heavy snow showers yesterday and the roads were dire but fortunately here, down by the sea, it melted overnight and it's just above freezing, cold wind though. A few flurries this morning but not bad :happy: they are having a mulled wine and mince pie Christmas fayre in the village hall and turning on the village lights this afternoon so I'm glad it's calmer than the last couple of days.

Take care all of you if you're going out today :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :) I hope you're all well. 4.5 this morning. Had another hypo of 2.8 last night at work...lowest it's ever been. Felt very dizzy but had my orange & carbs and felt fine 20 mins later. Can having a long day (was out 16 hours) and feeling tired cause a hypo?
are you having enough carbs rie26 or if your on insulin does it need adjusting :)

Rie26

Type of diabetes
MODY
are you having enough carbs rie26 or if your on insulin does it need adjusting :)
I'm on gliclazide which seems to be super powerful! Lol. I have 20mg 4 days a week (didn't even have it yesterday when I had a hypo). I knew I was out all day so had x2 wholemeal toast for breakfast and lunch I even made sure to have a jacket potato. I had a few snacks with carbs too. I had a feeling it was going to go low as I was super tired a while beforehand which i take as a sign it's coming....when I knew that I even had a snack. I think yesterday was just a really long day. Thankfully I don't seem to have anymore than 1-2 hypos a week.

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I'm on gliclazide which seems to be super powerful! Lol. I have 20mg 4 days a week (didn't even have it yesterday when I had a hypo). I knew I was out all day so had x2 wholemeal toast for breakfast and lunch I even made sure to have a jacket potato. I had a few snacks with carbs too. I had a feeling it was going to go low as I was super tired a while beforehand which i take as a sign it's coming....when I knew that I even had a snack. I think yesterday was just a really long day. Thankfully I don't seem to have anymore than 1-2 hypos a week.
Hello Rie26. Sorry you are having hypos. Is it worth ringing your GP surgery for advice in case your Gliclazide dose needs adjusting?

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
thank you dear... well my character is a bit weak... I wish I would find it much more tempting to go under 100 grams of carb a day
Hi @Freema I definitely don't agree you have a strong character or you would not have achieved so much,we all have our weaknesses and give in to things but if it's only a treat occasionally then why not we all have to work **** hard to keep on track it's allowed I'm sure. But don't beat yourself up your doing marvellously and your not on your own in all of this,I've met some lovely people on here helpful caring people we are all here for you! K

Reactions: Freema