Medical Insurance

Duncan_Scott

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm type 2 diabetic and having to move to China for 2 years. Does anyone know of a good health insurance company that caters for pre existing conditions.

Thanks

D

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DCUK has some advice about insurance here, although I am not sure it covers your situation: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/finance.html.

When I was living in the Middle East for a few years, I bought my own BUPA insurance that covered the cost of local treatment. That was a couple of decades back, but you might want to check them out in case they still do this and will cater for pre-existing conditions.

(For some of that time in the Middle East, I did not need to purchase my own insurance because it was provided by my American employer. I assume you do not have such provision from your employer.)

Duncan_Scott

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi thanks for this ....I have tried the company mentioned in the link and they advise that they don't insure pre existing conditions so its back to the drawing board.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I'm type 2 diabetic and having to move to China for 2 years. Does anyone know of a good health insurance company that caters for pre existing conditions.
Thanks
D

You might like to try AXA PPP Healthcare. They've insured me with pre-existing conditions for the UK. I just don't know how that would pan out for being overseas. There's a quotations number 0800 533 5921, could be worth a try.

Duncan_Scott

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks David, I will give them a try on Monday....Im currently waiting for a reply from Bupa Global ....they are the only ones so far who have said that they may be able to do something. Will let you know how I get on.