Diabetic Craft Club

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's really impressive.... and looks perfectly sized too...

Finished the unicorn on dolls blanket....few hiccups again but Kacey will still like it... was VERY stitch heavy so the tear away stabiliser tore apart along a stitch line.....I slid another piece under it which helped... I think you can get permanent stabiliser but haven't looked yet.... and I know there are bits missing because the thread broke yesterday and I didn't go back far enough so there's a line of second level stitches missing across its belly .. THEN like an idiot I switched the machine off last night so had to find the right position to start up again....
It does look fine if you don't know what it's supposed to look like
9d0f86d3d5c8888f7085dc1b4067d1d6.jpg

Well I think that is great. They are so 'this year' I'm sure she will be delighted.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Well I think that is great. They are so 'this year' I'm sure she will be delighted.
Thanks Anni. Both her & elder sister love unicorns....
I've ordered plain long-sleeved T-shirts for all the grandkids and some embroidery designs for stuff they're into. Might just add their initials or first name initial... being security conscious and not using full name

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think you seem to be enjoying this as much as I am and I'm glad! I have been making cushions tonight. This is the latest
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1510965945.576032.jpg

I have been leaning against it all night so it is looking a bit crumpled.!

S

Sable_Jan

I think you seem to be enjoying this as much as I am and I'm glad! I have been making cushions tonight. This is the latestView attachment 24529
I have been leaning against it all night so it is looking a bit crumpled.!
It's lovely....and obviously comfy
Yes, I really am enjoying it....and all by the chance of seeing your first post!!
I now have 9 children's T-shirts to embroider as well as three cheap ladies ones I bought that I was going to screen print on but it's sooooo messy... and my friend has several plain tees ... he's a compulsive T-shirt buyer I think but rarely wears plain... I now have several GSD designs. Just waiting for the cutaway stabiliser as I've found, and since read, that tearaway isn't suitable for high stitch count designs....
It say you can stitch card....might try it but how do I fit in the hoop..maybe just the non-hoop motifs...

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could you use some temporary adhesive to stick the card to stabiliser and then hoop the stabiliser?

S

Sable_Jan

Could you use some temporary adhesive to stick the card to stabiliser and then hoop the stabiliser?
Possibly but the cards would be small (5x7 hoop) I'm leaning towards using card like a frame now with a cutout

S

Sable_Jan

3c00fcead3105bc6f7af2736e0e92eb3.jpg

Almost perfect this time but used cutaway stabiliser.... and I think this one is far prettier

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The colours are lovely in this one. Your grandchildren are going to be really pleased. I just have a 7 year old great niece in Australia so not much opportunity to make this kind of thing.

S

Sable_Jan

The colours are lovely in this one. Your grandchildren are going to be really pleased. I just have a 7 year old great niece in Australia so not much opportunity to make this kind of thing.
Thank you. Yes, I prefer this one..
I have 9 long-sleeved T-shirts to embroider at least one motif on....