Tingling and numbness

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, recently i have been trying to change from keto diet to lchf due to weight loss issues and I am feeling my feet and hands numb very soon . Just in minutes, does this have anything to do with Diabetic neuropathy. My vision is also blurred even more than before.

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How are your blood sugars? If you test? Are they high?
I have these symptoms but have high blood sugars.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi, recently i have been trying to change from keto diet to lchf due to weight loss issues and I am feeling my feet and hands numb very soon . Just in minutes, does this have anything to do with Diabetic neuropathy. My vision is also blurred even more than before.
I'd inform your gp and see what he/she says. If it continues after gp dismisses then get a second opinion. Even prediabetics get neuropathy so good bgs would have to be in excellent levels constantly to guarantee no nerve damage.
My numb toes and under one side of my right foot is numb off and on. Or wheni thave time to notice. GP refered me but was told numbness from bulging discs and scatica. My leg also goes numb when walking and often when lying in bed my hip and thigh does numb too. Only trouble I'm getting blisters unbeknown to me and have what seems to be a dropped toe.
Luckily my foot check is in 3weeks time.
When is yours @varma21345 ?

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not clear on what you have or are changing. Are you increasing you level of carbs?

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not clear on what you have or are changing. Are you increasing you level of carbs?
yeah i increased my carb intake to 80 per day from 20 . That too is not constant as i am still experimenting to get the right amount to maintain my numbers.

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd inform your gp and see what he/she says. If it continues after gp dismisses then get a second opinion. Even prediabetics get neuropathy so good bgs would have to be in excellent levels constantly to guarantee no nerve damage.
My numb toes and under one side of my right foot is numb off and on. Or wheni thave time to notice. GP refered me but was told numbness from bulging discs and scatica. My leg also goes numb when walking and often when lying in bed my hip and thigh does numb too. Only trouble I'm getting blisters unbeknown to me and have what seems to be a dropped toe.
Luckily my foot check is in 3weeks time.
When is yours @varma21345 ?
I have not scheduled any footcheck yet .last one was more than 8 months ago. I stay in Germany and my doctor here checks only for hbA1c every 3 months and all other tests only once a year so i still got around 4 months to go. I also remember that my foot test was just about sensitivity(vibrating tongs) and a hot and cold test. Is it the same with you or do i need to ask for a specific test ?

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are your blood sugars? If you test? Are they high?
I have these symptoms but have high blood sugars.
my blood sugars are currently in non diabetic range but they are not constant as i am still experimenting with my carb intake so they range in between 70 and 85 on fasting and below 100 after eating.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It could be a lot of things including vitamin deficiency. Give your body and few days to to get used to the change in sugar level, maybe increase your level slowly. If your feet do not improve quickly book a doctors appointment to dicuss this.