What are you reading?

Dippy3103

Just being nosey really... So what book are people reading right now (or the last book you read) and would you recommend it?

I have just finished "mini shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella. Not exactly intellectual stuff but very funny. Just about to start Tony Blairs book, not sure how I will get on with it though. Has anyone read it?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
The Lost Throne by Chris Kuzneski .. and its a job to put down....preview below, just add the http and the www

.chriskuzneski.com/throne.html

Dippy3103

Ohhhh that sounds like a good read- my tastes are varied. I have also just read "the criminal advocates survival guide"- it's non fiction but interesting and I learned a few tricks!

Rushy

I'm re-reading "Monty's Turn: My Story So Far" by Monty Panesar just as the Ashes gets interesting.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
D.
My reading at the moment is quite a few books.......yep, all at the same time. Done it ever since I was a kid ! I seem to be able to keep all the threads distinct from each other too. :D

1. Moving Pictures. Terry Pratchett. Sci-Fantasy Discworld (re-reading.)
2. Anither Keckle. Margaret Grant. Humourous tales in Doric.
3. A selection of Doric books. Teach yourself Doric etc.....
4. Various Clinical Handbooks......mainly Diabetes related.
5. Culloden. John Sadler. Historical Battle 16/04/1746
6. Hamewith. Charles Murray. The Complete Poems.

I am an avid reader and can speed read as well so Books take little time to read. I am like a human sponge, what I read is stored for recall at any time. Sad......... :wink:

Now was it what you thought D.......... :?:

Anyway D, I know you are nosey.......how about starting a thread "What Telly do you watch ?" :lol:

Be good. :wink:
Ken x

jaykay

Oh Ken, I thought I was the only one who did that! :) I have a book in each loo, one in my handbag, one in my music bag and an audio book by my bed. I read Terry Pratchett and Jane Austen over and over, 'light' mystery stories, and anything historical. I used to read a lot of science fiction but have got out of the habit but I do watch nearly every sci-fi tv programme going :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My book club is reading "Solar" and I simply cannot get in to it.
Hana

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nothing at the moment, I'll have to get myself motivated and get down to the library! :)

Nigel

dorjac

I have just been presented with a Kindle and bought one book wirelessly. Hilarious reading about exotic situations mixed with work with children for social services

Paul O'Grady The devil rides out, a biography.

Also have Alan Sugar's biog on the go, reading out loud to hubby (a real book)

Yet to completely finish Piers Morgan My Big Mouth (real book) Often re read seven daughters of Eve about mitochondrial DNA and surviving the ice ages through seven threads of mitochondrial DNA.

Often dip into COLLAPSE by Jared Diamond. Serious but readable. Easter Island fascinates me.

Using book on Botanical painting with Coloured P :D encils from Amazon

Often refere to Bonsai An inspirational guide. This was put in the raffle at a club I go to.

paula1974

Ive just finished reading Cathy Glass' latest book. They're non-fiction about her fostering experiences. A 'cant put down book'. Dont know what to read next, just reading magazines at the mo. Any suggestions?

Dippy3103

cugila said:
D.

Now was it what you thought D.......... :?:

Be good. :wink:
Ken x

I had you down as a historical kind of reader!! Or maybe mythology.
Hmm thread re TV, maybe i will. :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: Re,doric......

riverman said:
Hi cugila,Its a bit of a task reading doric......one from the W/Mids :shock: :wink:

It's nae bad ence ye get the marra o it :D

Aye dee the richt gate tho aa the warl wunner at ye :wink:

Nae bad for a Sassenach ............. :twisted:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
That looks like Gaelic to me.....? Something about long, a house ? And your father maybe ? :lol:

I'm still learning and it's East Coast Doric I am into ..... :D I can understand and speak it better than write it......... :wink:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
And may the moosie niver leave yer door wi a tear in its een ! :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
:shock: ......... Aye pickin. :D. Fit like

Sorry D......It wasna me that derailed this thread........ :(

sugar2

I am a detective fiction lover...just finished "blue Genes by Val McDermid"...and currently ploughing through a few nagazines that my MIL hands me down...good housekeeping or some such at the moment. before my weekend visit to the library.

I take my hat of to people who can read more than one thing at once...I often start about 3 books, but will only end up reading one.