Type 1 Advice please

Babyweed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

Just recently I have been getting what seems like hypo signs, you know the ones, the shakes etc when I’ve checked my blood it’s been between 4 - 4.4. It’s happened quite a few times should I be worried or is it just one of those things

Thanks in advance

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Babyweed I get those signs at those levels also as i drive i try to keep my levels above 5.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi

Just recently I have been getting what seems like hypo signs, you know the ones, the shakes etc when I’ve checked my blood it’s been between 4 - 4.4. It’s happened quite a few times should I be worried or is it just one of those things

Thanks in advance

Nothing to worry about too much. If you're new to T1 and your blood sugars have been high for a while, you'll suffer false hypo's as you lower your blood glucose. Not technically a hypo as still above 4 but it feels the same. So take note of all the sensations you experience because as you get used to lower glucose levels so the feelings will occur at lower levels too.

This is then your warning sign to have nice biscuit (or whatever you prefer to get your levels up again.)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thanks for the reassurance. I’ve been diagnosed over a year

Sorry, I kinda assumed you were a newbie. Guess you've had a couple of hypo's by now.

I can get the hypo sensations anywhere under 5mmol but I can also get down to 3.5ish without any sensations every once in a while.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
between 4.0 - 4.4 is an excellent range to get your first warning symptoms !!:)

Babyweed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That makes me feel better. In the past I have gone down to 2.9 with no signals. I suppose it’s the nature of the beast and not knowing what’s next