Novorapid?

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hello type 2 friends, I have a question from my type 2 father in law. Is novorapid an option for those with type 2? I have always thought it was a type 1 'option' but now I'm not sure! Is anyone using Novorapid to control their type 2 diabetes?

paula1974

Hiya
Im a type 2 on insulin. I use novorapid and lantus. I think a lot of insulin users use novorapid. I find it very good and my control is excellent.
Paula

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks Paula. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of dosage do you use? and do you carb count?

paula1974

I use 4 units at breakfast, 6 at lunch and 9 at dinner. This is all 'up in the air' at the moment as I have changed to a lower carb diet. I dont carb count as such as I am pretty routine with my eating and eat the same sort of things every day.
Hope that helps
Paula

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks! so those doses are the same/similar as a type 1 would use, depending on carbs eaten. Interesting, will pass the info on to my father in law :)

calisto51

Don't confuse T1 and T2 a T1 will use less insulin than a T2 I am on Novorapid and dosageis adjusted according to carb input, weight also plays a big factor the more you weigh the larger the dose. My total for tthe day can max out at 60+ units depending on lifestyle and food.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
calisto51 said:
Don't confuse T1 and T2 a T1 will use less insulin than a T2 I am on Novorapid and dosageis adjusted according to carb input, weight also plays a big factor the more you weigh the larger the dose. My total for tthe day can max out at 60+ units depending on lifestyle and food.

Thanks! I would never confuse type 1 and 2, in fact, I have just written to my MP to ask that he doesn't do it either :lol: