Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Which book/author is this from, please?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
See Kie Extension article Aoril 17 Will Metformin beco6me The First Anti Aging Drug
Not sure a gmhuman stidy has hapoened because big oharma cannot orofit from an off patent drug The propimosed study TAME has 3000 people over 6 years vut not funded yet!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I must find the research in the US on metformin for infertility due to pcos which i kept and presented to my gynecologist in early 90s and ended up on the London trials on a placebo for 3mths then 3mths on metformin where my periods returned pretty much immediately and i was less bulky and lost 2st that year on metformin therafter til ivf which failed as professor took me off it and i readded the weight.

It should be with other ISSUE infertility magazines in loft. I will try and pull it out, when i can.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How long have people been taking Metformin already? Are there any 110 year olds on here who want to comment?

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
My great fear of my body living to 110 is that my mind will not. Does the research say anything about the state of the brain of these animals. In some ways I'm tempted to say that this isn't good news at all. My mother had vascular dementia for the last 5 years of her life, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially me.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How long have people been taking Metformin already? Are there any 110 year olds on here who want to comment?
I've used it not for diabetes since mid 1990s then continuously since 2002 til a prgnancy in2007 then back on til 2015 then back on in 2016 continously give or take a week.
Everyone tells me i look younger than my soon to be 47yrs. I had my second pregnancy at 42-43yrs old. No complications and a natural live birth.

Reactions: Pura Vida

rider

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My great fear of my body living to 110 is that my mind will not. Does the research say anything about the state of the brain of these animals. In some ways I'm tempted to say that this isn't good news at all. My mother had vascular dementia for the last 5 years of her life, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially me.
Yup, it is not just the length of life but the quality that even I am afraid of. Seeing my mom of 83 suffer from dementia and the results of a stroke ... not good.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I was recently on a 3 year study for the effect of metformin on Type 1 diabetics, so they are definitely testing it for non Type 2s. It was a double blind study, so I don't know if I was actually taking it, of course!

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have taken it for 20 years 3x 500 mg. but have a long way to go I feel as good as in my 20.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only