What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @ Karen and Sobo82 you could start a club, or a guilty treat thread we all have them would be interesting to see what others have! Mine last night was a gin and tonic 1 packet plain crisps and a tiny green and blacks chocolate,not had any of these for months and has I was feeling like a piece of chocolate I had one,then hubby came in with the crisps so I had that too and you need to wash it down with something hence the gin and tonic! Haha was good though! And not done much to BG readings 5.8 this morning,Oh and not forgetting the meds I'm still on! K

Granny_grump we’ve got to have a treat ain’t we not fair other wise is it

Reactions: heavyd

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

bought some coconut flour to try some baking, I'm going to have a go at a peanut butter and choc mug cake for pud today to have with full fat greek yoghurt. I've never tried a peanut butter cake before though I like it with cheddar cheese on a LIdl roll ;).

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Granny_grump we’ve got to have a treat ain’t we not fair other wise is it
emoji39.png
Very true ! Life would be very boring indeed but occasionally is ok, I save mine for weekend just an idea for you! K
5.9 for me today, a bit high as usual!

Can’t seem to get below 5!
Hi NewTD2 we are all different some like being in the 4s but I'm happiest in the 5s but I've been type2 for 17+ and when I go into 4s it gives me a false hypo, also if you Drive are you aware DVLA. say you should not be lower than 5 now this could be if your on insulin or other BG lowering meds. But I would rather be safe than sorry,I'm just diet controlled Has I think are you, anyway just a little more reading for you to check out what DVLA says on driving! K

Reactions: Sobo82

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very true ! Life would be very boring indeed but occasionally is ok, I save mine for weekend just an idea for you! K

Hi NewTD2 we are all different some like being in the 4s but I'm happiest in the 5s but I've been type2 for 17+ and when I go into 4s it gives me a false hypo, also if you Drive are you aware DVLA. say you should not be lower than 5 now this could be if your on insulin or other BG lowering meds. But I would rather be safe than sorry,I'm just diet controlled Has I think are you, anyway just a little more reading for you to check out what DVLA says on driving! K

I was on insulin for just 13 days and finally weaned down to 500mg Metformin x2 a day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I’m not sure if my indiscretion counts as a guilty pleasure but I had a jacket potato with butter and cheese
Hope you enjoyed it, and if it's not pushed your BG up too high at least then you will know that it's something you can tolerate? K

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

It is only if you are on glucose reducing medication, if on only metformin or are diet controlled then it does not apply.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
good morning all :)

4.2 today

bought some coconut flour to try some baking, I'm going to have a go at a peanut butter and choc mug cake for pud today to have with full fat greek yoghurt. I've never tried a peanut butter cake before though I like it with cheddar cheese on a LIdl roll ;).
I make my own peanut butter takes five minutes easy to do.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.8 this morning - does happy dance I’ve made the decision that I don’t want this cold anymore or for it to head towards bronchitis. Let’s wait and see whether my body listens to me head - if only it was that simple
Usually when I get a cold it goes to bronchitis every time this time however I seem to have gone straight to bronchitis without the intervening cold.