Snow!!

paula1974

I love snow, dont get me wrong, but Im now snowed in with 2 feet of snow up my road. Why cant they get the council to clear it? I am disabled as well as diabetic, need a wheelchair to get about and no one can deliver any food. Have phoned the council and social services and they are doing their best to help me out. I dont hold out much hope though.
Sorry for the rant. Just upst and worried.
Paula

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
We are the same and I live in a town ! :(

Do you have any family or good neighbours who would help ?

paula1974

Hi sue,
unfortunately no family and dont know my neighbours. Will have to ask them if I get desperate.
I phoned my local shop and they have hardly anything in anyway. Supermarket is 1 1/2 miles away.
Someone from social services is phoning me back soon (hopefully) to let me know if they can help.
Paula

paula1974

Social sevices are SAINTS!!!!!
They are sending someone out to get me some food enough for 3 days. LOVE THEM!!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
That's good to hear Paula.......SS are not all bad. You look after yourself now.

Take care. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
paula1974 said:
Social sevices are SAINTS!!!!!
They are sending someone out to get me some food enough for 3 days. LOVE THEM!!

Great news and pleased you have got sorted! :)

Nigel

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
We're always here for added support if you need us. Good for SS, they do come through for you when you need them.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
SS get a lot of bad press sometimes but on the whole they do a lot of good work which goes unmentioned.......3 cheers for them in this instance. :D