Lost my first libre sensor

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently bought a libre starter kit. Applied the sensor following the instructions this afternoon, waited around an hour before activating it then put coat on and went for a walk. Got home and was about to try to take my first reading when I noticed it was missing. Checked everywhere, retraced my steps but it's gone, must have fallen off.

What did I do wrong? It seemed to be stuck when I first applied it but I didn't want to pull at it. I had and coat over it, I don't see how anything could have caught on it. I don't think I applied it incorrectly, followed the instructions although I have to admit I was surprised I didn't feel any pain on application.

One sensor left, which I'm not reluctant to try out.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently bought a libre starter kit. Applied the sensor following the instructions this afternoon, waited around an hour before activating it then put coat on and went for a walk. Got home and was about to try to take my first reading when I noticed it was missing. Checked everywhere, retraced my steps but it's gone, must have fallen off.

What did I do wrong? It seemed to be stuck when I first applied it but I didn't want to pull at it. I had and coat over it, I don't see how anything could have caught on it. I don't think I applied it incorrectly, followed the instructions although I have to admit I was surprised I didn't feel any pain on application.

One sensor left, which I'm not reluctant to try out.

Hi,
That's rotten luck.

Did you check that it hasn't got caught/stuck in the coat sleeve?

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
That's rotten luck.

Did you check that it hasn't got caught/stuck in the coat sleeve?

The coat is quite loose fitting. I can't see how it would have got caught in the sleeve and I can't find it. The backs of my arms are quite flabby haven't see anything suggesting this would be an issue but really reluctant to try the other sensor. Thinking back I didn't feel much if any pain during application, is that normal?

Kingmob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I'm cursed, nothing has went right for me this week at all. Had actually went for a walk to buy some tubular bandages as had none at home. Just after posting my last reply my father appeared on my doorstep. Haven't seen him in weeks but he was nearby visiting his sister who has just turned 60. I'd avoided the party but he helpfully brought me a plate of cake and sweet treats. Appreciate the sentiment but won't be eating them.

Thankfully the starter kit isn't critical to my health, instead something I bought to fill in some large gaps in my understanding of what is happening to me. I'm finding eating to my meter doesn't seem to work the way it does for others. I tend to eat pretty much the same food every day but I find my blood sugar stays relatively constant on a daily basis, even when i eat poorly. I tend to test first thing in the morning, before meals and 90-120 minutes after. What I really don't understand is how my body reacts to eating poorly. I fell off the wagon for a week at the end of November, ate more carbs and calories but not to level I would have pre-diagnosis, also consumed some alcohol. Back on routine for last two weeks and meter testing results consistent on a daily basis regardless of when testing, starting mid-high 6, falling steadily and low 5 for the last few days.

Anyway, will stop rambling now but really interested in what to expect when applying libre sensor, assume should feel a short sharp pain similar to using a lancet.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What did I do wrong?

A lot of users make a point of shaving the back of their arms first, wait till dry, then use the alcohol wipes. Even if you've not got hairy arms, most people have a fine peach fuzz and it can really compromise stickiness, so best to razor that off.

I also put a plaster over it. Most chemists do Molnlycke Mepore 7 by 8 cm for 17p, not on display, kept behind the counter.