What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi@Sobo82 how's the BG today and what other snacks have you tried since Friday, I have to admit I've been good since Saturday but it's nice once in a while. Take care and enjoy your day! K

Well I confess I ended up having a chicken and bacon wrap from McDonald’s for tea which I bloody enjoyed it’s been a naughty weekend for me

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's a bonny baby in your arms! K

Ye he’s a Bonny lad granny_grump he’s 3 now and a bloody handful let me tell you lol keeps me on my toes doesn’t sleep proper never had a sleep routine he’s autistic and has learning difficulties but he’s a bloody star I also have a 14yr son going on 40 lol 11yr between them kian came out the blue as we thought we couldn’t have anymore lewis always wanted a brother he finally got one

paula121s

Peanuts are carby so I treat them with caution but they are rich in good fats I believe.

I mearly take 300 or 400 grams of dry roated peanuts place in blender, blend for a couple of minuts then add a smaal amount of olive oil and then continue blending until they are of the right consistency for your taste and turn out into a container.. Sometimes I add sweetener rather than honey.

I do not add salt because I prefer not to.

2 cups (300 grams) unsalted shelled peanuts

1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1 to 2 teaspoons honey

1 to 3 teaspoons peanut or vegetable oil, if needed

• If you are making crunchy peanut butter, add 1/3 cup of the roasted peanuts to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 6 to 8 times, or until the peanuts are chopped into very small pieces. Transfer chopped peanuts to a bowl and reserve for later.

Add the roasted peanuts to the bowl of a food processor. Process 1 minute then scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Process another 2 to 3 minutes until the peanut butter is shiny and smooth. Add your desired amount of salt and honey then process until combined. For crunchy peanut butter then just stir in the reserved chopped nuts.

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/21318/how-to-make-peanut-butter-three-ways/

Thanks John, this sounds very good. I can feel a spot of diy peanut butter

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.....6.3.Had a pre Christmas trip to visit relatives in new home and deliver presents.Used a new sat nav which came with car.........it gave us a magical mystery tour to their village!!Ive never been up and down turn around so many country lanes.We travelled back on a main A road!Quite an adventure,but fabulous scenery.:)

paula121s

Good morning.....6.3.Had a pre Christmas trip to visit relatives in new home and deliver presents.Used a new sat nav which came with car.........it gave us a magical mystery tour to their village!!Ive never been up and down turn around so many country lanes.We travelled back on a main A road!Quite an adventure,but fabulous scenery.:)

I have had many strange journeys as a result of sat navy! Sometimes it's quite nice but can be a pain!

Reactions: Glenmac

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the joys of technology your sat nav sounds like my hubby

Reactions: Glenmac

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Working in schools you catch every bug when moving schools but normally remain germ averse
Yes, when supply teaching I picked up colds and sore throats easily,but before I retired, twenty years in the same school,had hardly a sniffle in that time.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG of 7.3 this morning. Eat some fancy yoghurt last night which had a bit more sugar than is good for me but it was NICE.!
Hi Ymdawd glad you enjoyed the yogurt would have been a change for you from living out of hotels and there not always so nice food! Enjoy your Christmas and we will all deal with the aftermath once it's over! K

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, when supply teaching I picked up colds and sore throats easily,but before I retired, twenty years in the same school,had hardly a sniffle in that time.
You must have built up quite a resistance to all those childhood bugs,how are you now? Do you still get many coughs and colds these days,sorry if you are one who's already gotten or had them already but my little grey cells cannot remember everyone who has! Been worse since going back on statins, might kick them in touch if this carries on! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ye he’s a Bonny lad granny_grump he’s 3 now and a bloody handful let me tell you lol keeps me on my toes doesn’t sleep proper never had a sleep routine he’s autistic and has learning difficulties but he’s a bloody star I also have a 14yr son going on 40 lol 11yr between them kian came out the blue as we thought we couldn’t have anymore lewis always wanted a brother he finally got one
@Sobo82 Three year olds with or without any problems are a handful I may be a gran now but I never forget my lot, I also have a son now in his 50s and still doesn't sleep,we too have problems in our wider family learning difficulties both in my sisters family due to being born too soon and she is double epileptic but she has two lovely children and looks after them very well.
Two grandchildren have dyspraxia but went to university and got good degrees, and myself have a youngest son now inhis 40s who has spinal injuries from a traffic accident when he was 4 years old, but even though confined to a wheelchair he is a manager in finance at our local council offices,so you see there are no limits whatever the problems they will with your help and encouragement find their way in life,wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year! Kathleen

Reactions: Sobo82

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ Yes,I've had lots of coughs and colds and bronchitis and after a very bad bout of Noro virus, pneumonia.I had very few days ill when teaching for thirty years or so,but have had a lowered immunity since the Noro episode.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ Yes,I've had lots of coughs and colds and bronchitis and after a very bad bout of Noro virus, pneumonia.I had very few days ill when teaching for thirty years or so,but have had a lowered immunity since the Noro episode.
Good grief and I thought I was having a bad time,it's strange how we can build up an immunity then has we get older it seems to vanish,what are we doing wrong? Anyway I hope you have had all your illnesses now and have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful New Year! Kathleen