What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Sobo82 Three year olds with or without any problems are a handful I may be a gran now but I never forget my lot, I also have a son now in his 50s and still doesn't sleep,we too have problems in our wider family learning difficulties both in my sisters family due to being born too soon and she is double epileptic but she has two lovely children and looks after them very well.
Two grandchildren have dyspraxia but went to university and got good degrees, and myself have a youngest son now inhis 40s who has spinal injuries from a traffic accident when he was 4 years old, but even though confined to a wheelchair he is a manager in finance at our local council offices,so you see there are no limits whatever the problems they will with your help and encouragement find their way in life,wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year! Kathleen

Totally agree there are no limits everyone finds there way and a merry Christmas and happy new year to you
Shaun

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ziggy_w but they are very much within range good on you! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Kathleen

Thanks, Kathleen. A very merry Xmas and a great New Year to you too.

I still have an entire work week ahead of me, makes it a bit hard to get into the Xmas spirit yet.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi@Sobo82 how's the BG today and what other snacks have you tried since Friday, I have to admit I've been good since Saturday but it's nice once in a while. Take care and enjoy your day! K

Good since Saturday ..so a whole day then , this has brightened my day so much. Got to be honest it the kind of thing that I would say so I loved it

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi granny did your anti bi’s stop the awful bite thingy you had ?
@Goacher55 yes it's cleared up nicely but just at the side of it I've developed a small hard lump but it may have nothing to do with the bite, didn't keep the name of the antibiotics but I'm sure I posted on here? Do you think you may have same thing the pharmacist says Lymes is on the increase get it checked out it's a very nasty thing to have and stays in your body and causes numerous serious problems. Hopefully it's not Lymes! K
Hi again it was Doxycycline the antibiotics
If you put what does Lymes Disease look like in your computer it shows you pictures of what it's like, mine was in early stage the red circle with centre dark spot,the outer red circle I think developers over a few days,it's called a bullseye has it looks like one on the dart board. K

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, Kathleen. A very merry Xmas and a great New Year to you too.

I still have an entire work week ahead of me, makes it a bit hard to get into the Xmas spirit yet.

@ziggy_w I never get into Christmas spirit until all shopping and presents and cards are done,late this year with being unwell over last month,and when the last shop closes and whatever I've forgotten will remain forgotten until next year!! Hurrah!!
Then and only then will I chill and welcome the Christmas spirit even those in a glass or two! Haha!,☃️

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, finally got hold of consultant secretary and as the steroid has to be administered in theatre, can’t be done till 11 Jan . V fed up!!

@paula121s Ho! I'm so sorry for you but why build your hopes up and say will be done for Christmas then move the goal,posts. It's the same scenario has my sister. Shame on our NHS! K

Reactions: paula121s

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2. just had a callfrom my consultant im to stop my last 7 clicks of lantus. not bad in 6 weeks from 60 plus to zero. im seeing more 4s than ever before.

@paulus1 Well Done you must be over the moon to have achieved this!K

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2. just had a callfrom my consultant im to stop my last 7 clicks of lantus. not bad in 6 weeks from 60 plus to zero. im seeing more 4s than ever before.

Wow congratulations!
But you’re T1 and stopping insulin?!