It’s happened...

Tweety88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Some of you may remember I had my son Arlo last year after a very complicated pregnancy (none of it diabetes related) my waters broke at 19 weeks, he was born at 27 weeks and tragically passed away 6 weeks and a day later.

We have been ttc for a few months and I got a positive on Monday! I feel my sugars aren’t the best and it’s not through lack of trying!!! With arlo they were perfect,now I feel I’ve lost my confidence a little and as if pregnancy isn’t going to be stressful enough!!!

We don’t know if Arlo had an infection or not or if the cause of his condition was genetic! We have a healthy 6 year old but the risk of a repeat of Arlo is 1 in 4!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Congratulations on your news. I will not say that you must put the past behind you because apart from being a crass thing to say, it would be impossible. All you can do is try your best to do whatever is in your power to have a happy outcome and I will keep my fingers firmly crossed for the next nine months. Hugs, lass.

Reactions: gvintagedrken

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Tweety88 I followed your posts last year, and now, like then, I'm sending you lots of hugs. AAAAAAAND of course I'm sending heartiest congratulations to you and your family in light of this lovely lovely news. Really happy for you, and I'm wishing you all the very best, with extra Snapsy knobs on. Do keep posting!

:happy::happy::happy:

Love Snapsy xxx

D

Diabeticliberty

Some of you may remember I had my son Arlo last year after a very complicated pregnancy (none of it diabetes related) my waters broke at 19 weeks, he was born at 27 weeks and tragically passed away 6 weeks and a day later.

We have been ttc for a few months and I got a positive on Monday! I feel my sugars aren’t the best and it’s not through lack of trying!!! With arlo they were perfect,now I feel I’ve lost my confidence a little and as if pregnancy isn’t going to be stressful enough!!!

We don’t know if Arlo had an infection or not or if the cause of his condition was genetic! We have a healthy 6 year old but the risk of a repeat of Arlo is 1 in 4!

I was not posting here last year so did not follow what happened with Arlo. All I can say is that I am absolutely delighted for you with the news of your pregnancy and will be very much following your progress this and next year. You suggest that your sugars aren't the best. Which of any of us have the best sugars? None of us actually. All you or any of us can do is our best that we can. I don't mean to be silly but another way of looking at a 1 in 4 chance of what sadly happened with little Arlo is a 3 in 4 chance of it not happening. I must say again that I am absolutely delighted for you.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wishing you and your family the all the very best. Although I am sure nothing can make up for your loss a new addition to your family is something to be celebrated in its own right!

Congratulations

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations! You were a couple of weeks ahead of me in pregnancy last time and my heart broke for you when you posted about poor little Arlo, I cannot image the pain you went through

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

myarnton1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations!! I followed you pregnancy with Arlo last year. Wishing you the best of luck. Hope all is well with this pregnancy x x

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations sarah I also followed your story last year. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x