Patient access

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes that seems to be a problem,I have just re-regiterd at my surgury and a simplfied list of meds and no access to test results. They scream that the "new" computer system will help ,not the patients?

Has the software got tabs or similar links that state test results, but when you press, there is nothing there? If so, the system will allow them. It could be your GP hasn't authorised access yet. I would chase it up if I were you.

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does seem to be up to the surgery. mine allowed very short specific messages but disabled that quickly, they do allow appointments BUT if you have made two online appointments (i have yet to find out in what length of time) you cannot book appointments online and to do so have to phone or visit reception. This is to give everyone opportunities, there were always very few offered. The problem is, in this area there are not enough doctor appointments, and poor hospitals.

You know it sounds like you live in the same area as me, though its probably that far to many areas are the same.
Messages initially allowed but now disabled , tick. (They never responded to them anyway).
Only two pending online appointments, tick.
Very few appointments offered online, tick.
Poor hospitals, tick. (Ours was the subject of a recent high profile scandal).

Reactions: ann34+

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You know it sounds like you live in the same area as me, though its probably that far to many areas are the same.
Messages initially allowed but now disabled , tick. (They never responded to them anyway).
Only two pending online appointments, tick.
Very few appointments offered online, tick.
Poor hospitals, tick. (Ours was the subject of a recent high profile scandal).

not the same area! (no scandal i know of), but you are right, this may be the situation in many places, especially away from major cities.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still the same at my surgery I can't get any more on Patient Access that I can get on the surgery's own web site which is repeat prescriptions and make an appointment. When I told them I needed to sign a patient consent form or something to have my records online but as they said they had not anyone else asking for access to records so did not know what to do. They said it was up to the doctors how much of our records they let us have access to

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My surgery is a bit slow, as I also had bloods taken at 10.20 on Monday, and the results weren't on line until Tuesday afternoon! :)
At my surgery bloods taken on a Tuesday are not back until Friday and we have to phone after 4pm for results. I still do not get them on my Patient Access

Reactions: dbr10

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still the same at my surgery I can't get any more on Patient Access that I can get on the surgery's own web site which is repeat prescriptions and make an appointment. When I told them I needed to sign a patient consent form or something to have my records online but as they said they had not anyone else asking for access to records so did not know what to do. They said it was up to the doctors how much of our records they let us have access to
That’s one better than me - I can only order repeat prescriptions on line!!!

Buttons11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At my surgery bloods taken on a Tuesday are not back until Friday and we have to phone after 4pm for results. I still do not get them on my Patient Access
They tell me to wait a week before phoning, but I don't think they realise that the results are on line much quicker. I would chase up getting your results on line. My surgery did it really quickly when I asked

Chocomin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cor blimey I didn't even know this was a thing until I saw this thread! My surgery apparently do do this, but have hidden it on their webpage, so you can only get sign-up info by specifically googling surgery name + patient info.

My place is really terrible and will not tell you results at all until really pressed, didn't know my hba1c until 3rd DN appt! :sigh: Mind you they didn't tell me about the PCOS until I asked about the 7-8cm cysts spotted by (horrified) tech on CT for unrelated scan.