Hi everyone!

Lina333

Hello! I'm Lina and I'm a newbie here. I have a sister with diabetes and I decided to register here in order to find out more information about this disease. I hope for a nice conversation, and I wish everyone good health!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. May I ask what type of Diabetes does your sister have, please?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lina333, and welcome to the forum. Have a browse around the various forum topics and at the main site, via the 'Home' tab at the top of the page. There is plenty of advice and information to be found, and if you have any specific questions, there is usually someone who can answer or give you a few pointers in the right direction.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello and Welcome @Lina333 to the Forum :).

slimblackman1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welcome Lina333. You will find a wealth of good information on this forum. The people here are so supportive and I certainly appreciate each of you!

Reactions: Prem51

ibmoos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Joined 1 hour ago and therefore still groping my way through. I am Ibrahim and have been living with type 1 for 25 years. My last reading (fasting) was 53 and scared me. I did self analysis and found myself wanting. Too many cakes and sugary stuff in the last 4-5 months. So I cut down on those by 80% during the last 4 weeks, lost 4 kgs and gave a (fasting) sample for the lab. Awaiting response from GP - seeing him on 11 Jan '18. Got worried when he wanted to prescribe tablets for the first time. I requested a month in which to sort it or start with metformin. Fingers crossed. I have been going to the gym 2/3 times a week for the last 16 years, plus my activities in my allotment in summer. Last summer, I missed the allotment for 4 continuous months, and got myself in trouble. Vit B12 deficiency (not enough sunshine) and now this high reading. Reasonably confident, I'll get back to the good ways!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Joined 1 hour ago and therefore still groping my way through. I am Ibrahim and have been living with type 1 for 25 years. My last reading (fasting) was 53 and scared me. I did self analysis and found myself wanting. Too many cakes and sugary stuff in the last 4-5 months. So I cut down on those by 80% during the last 4 weeks, lost 4 kgs and gave a (fasting) sample for the lab. Awaiting response from GP - seeing him on 11 Jan '18. Got worried when he wanted to prescribe tablets for the first time. I requested a month in which to sort it or start with metformin. Fingers crossed. I have been going to the gym 2/3 times a week for the last 16 years, plus my activities in my allotment in summer. Last summer, I missed the allotment for 4 continuous months, and got myself in trouble. Vit B12 deficiency (not enough sunshine) and now this high reading. Reasonably confident, I'll get back to the good ways!
Vitamin B12 deficiency is not likely to be due to lack of sunshine, that's vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you have a read here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamin-b12-or-folate-deficiency-anaemia/causes/
Why do you think you have vitamin B12 deficiency? Are you a vegan? If my doctor offered me Metformin I would be delighted to take it. It is considered very safe, and after all one can always stop taking it again if it doesn't suit.