What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hiya K, I haven’t got lymes I lived in New York for 3 years and a number of people around me caught it ..nasty, nasty thing to have

Hi Goacher55 sorry I've got hold of wrong end of stick again,I should look at posts properly! K

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received a call from my diabetic nurse saying that my HbAlC has gone down from 85% to 46% in 2.5 months. She said it’s gone to the “pre-diabetic range” according to the HBA1C chart.

What does it mean? Good, bad?

I also received a letter today from the recent eye screening which says I have background retinopathy and my DN said it’s the result of having such a high bg level and dropped so quickly.

I really don’t understand what’s going on!

Andrew

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
6.8 im not impressed hope this is a one off. hope everyones getting over their colds.
Could you explain, for a newbie, why that is bad? I thought anything between 4-7 was considered OK?

Anyway, I thought I was doing OK recently, until I just now felt unusually hungry, so did a random test and found that 6 units of Novorapid doesn't cover a small bowl of broccoli soup!

bgm_20_12.png

Reactions: Cumberland

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could you explain, for a newbie, why that is bad? I thought anything between 4-7 was considered OK?

Anyway, I thought I was doing OK recently, until I just now felt unusually hungry, so did a random test and found that 6 units of Novorapid doesn't cover a small bowl of broccoli soup!

View attachment 24764
because ive been holding to the low 5s for 6 weeks its because im off my insulin. my aim is 5-6

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just received a call from my diabetic nurse saying that my HbAlC has gone down from 85% to 46% in 2.5 months. She said it’s gone to the “pre-diabetic range” according to the HBA1C chart.

I also received a letter today from the recent eye screening which says I have background retinopathy and my DN said it’s the result of having such a high bg level and dropped so quickly.

Andrew
The HbA1c reduction from 85 to 46 is good.
48 and above is diabetic. 42-47 is pre-diabetic, and below 42 is non-diabetic.
You have done well to lower your HbA1c so much in less than 3 months. Keep on doing what you are doing and you should get into the non-diabetic range by your next HbA1c test.
The background retinopathy would be due to your former high HbA1c, it should improve as you lower your blood sugars.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Andrew

Wow well done ! Serious low carb ? That’s a brilliant reduction the good news about background retinopathy it is possible to normalise it. Mine normalised by reducing my Hba1c

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow well done ! Serious low carb ? That’s a brilliant reduction the good news about background retinopathy it is possible to normalise it. Mine normalised by reducing my Hba1c

Thank you so much.

My DN said today that my background retinopathy was due to the high glucose levels coming down so quickly!

I still need to be very careful.

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The HbA1c reduction from 85 to 46 is good.
48 and above is diabetic. 42-47 is pre-diabetic, and below 42 is non-diabetic.
You have done well to lower your HbA1c so much in less than 3 months. Keep on doing what you are doing and you should get into the non-diabetic range by your next HbA1c test.
The background retinopathy would be due to your former high HbA1c, it should improve as you lower your blood sugars.

Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: Prem51

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
because ive been holding to the low 5s for 6 weeks its because im off my insulin. my aim is 5-6
Interesting. What gave you the confidence to come off the insulin? Are you effectively avoiding all carbs?
This is something I'd ultimately like to try because I feel that with diet and insulin, it has been quite easy to get the numbers down, and ideally it should be possible to now keep them there as long as I can avoid any carbs.
Did you do it by slowly reducing the insulin?

Reactions: ziggy_w

paula121s

Andrew

That's amazing, well done.

paula121s

Morning all, forgot yesterday to post! So here goes 7.5 yesterday. Today....10.9!!! That's dreadful! Had some celebratory real chips last night, first potatoes in months. For any rugby fans, I was celebrating getting tickets in the ballot for the 6 nations England v Wales. If your disabled you can't buy tickets unless you can access ordinary seats. I've applied for tickets every year and this is the first time I've got them. So I'm off to Twickenham in February with my daffodil head!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone BG this morning was a great 5.2
Busy again today vets with dogs, shopping centre then helping sister with a huge toy move then finally to next town to pick up the last few things for Christmas hopefully.
Have a good day one and all! K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Up to 7.3 today at 7.30am. Awake in pain since 4pm but no other reason I can think of. Not long to wait for Christmas now. Have a good time one and all. :)