What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all, forgot yesterday to post! So here goes 7.5 yesterday. Today....10.9!!! That's dreadful! Had some celebratory real chips last night, first potatoes in months. For any rugby fans, I was celebrating getting tickets in the ballot for the 6 nations England v Wales. If your disabled you can't buy tickets unless you can access ordinary seats. I've applied for tickets every year and this is the first time I've got them. So I'm off to Twickenham in February with my daffodil head!

Come on Wales

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve got my emergency physio appointment tomorrow I fell in October and as I can’t use my left arm / hand following strokes , I was given an emergency appointment as not being able to use my left and my right arms was deemed awkward. Anyway it’s tomorrow morning

Reactions: paula121s

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve got my emergency physio appointment tomorrow I fell in October and as I can’t use my left arm / hand following strokes , I was given an emergency appointment as not being able to use my left and my right arms was deemed awkward. Anyway it’s tomorrow morning

Good luck tomorrow Kim
I hope you fully recover soon
God bless!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

having a bit quieter day today, yesterday I bought and roasted a biggish piece of beef and a piece of pork whilst they were on special offer and found a couple of packs of stewing steak reduced because they were on their sell by date, that went in the slow cooker overnight so today it needs portioning ready for the freezer. Then I just have to re-arrange the stuff in the freezer to get it in:sorry:

I told myself that's what I would do with some of the Christmas money we managed to save by not buying high carb. snacks, chocs. and other stuff. I thought it would make it feel a bit more of a reward than a penance ;)

I looked everywhere for large oven roasting bags only to be told in every shop that they don't stock them any more. So, every shop had larger than usual turkeys and joints of meat in for Christmas and none of them had large roasting bags :banghead:

Have a good day everyone.

paula121s

Only “awkward”?? I would think it was quite tricky! Hope it goes well tomorrow.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 at 10:30 merry christmas in a few days everyone
images (3).jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.9 this morning.

I am this morning feeling so proud of my grandson. As despite having serious health problems in his childhood and teens being unable to attend school because of them he ended up with no qualifications. Since then out of pure determination he attended college gaining loads of city and guilds certificates.

Then decided that University would be the way to go went part time at college gained GCSE level 6 in maths and upper 5 in English thats equivalent to an A and B in old money.

He is now doing an access to higher education course and as of this morning has been offered places at Lincoln, Nottingham Trent, Lancaster and Sheffield universities to study Economics and finance.

I know am off topic but just had to share.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning.

I am this morning feeling so proud of my grandson. As despite having serious health problems in his childhood and teens being unable to attend school because of them he ended up with no qualifications. Since then out of pure determination he attended college gaining loads of city and guilds certificates.

Then decided that University would be the way to go went part time at college gained GCSE level 6 in maths and upper 5 in English thats equivalent to an A and B in old money.

He is now doing an access to higher education course and as of this morning has been offered places at Lincoln, Nottingham Trent, Lancaster and Sheffield universities to study Economics and finance.

what a figther , of cause you are very proud...he is amazing ! <3

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting. What gave you the confidence to come off the insulin? Are you effectively avoiding all carbs?
This is something I'd ultimately like to try because I feel that with diet and insulin, it has been quite easy to get the numbers down, and ideally it should be possible to now keep them there as long as I can avoid any carbs.
Did you do it by slowly reducing the insulin?
no you must not. ive been reclassified as type 2 do not come off your insulin it would be suicide.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning.

Fantastic news x

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning.

Wonderful,it's great to hear your good news,no wonder you are proud!