Dizziness (vertigo), lightheadedness signs of depression?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for a while. It started with the room spinning when I turned my head left and right on the bed, or when I stood up from the bed. that disappeared. Now I have an unsteady feeling when I walk and get dizzy feeling when turning my head. Also feel lightheaded.

Can this be signs of major depression/stress? as I was recently diagnosed with stress/major depression and was adviced to take antidepressants? Or is it a sign of diabetes 1?

L0llyp0p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have just started taking anti depressants iit could be side effects from that.

They can make you feel a bit odd when you first start taking them but in my experience the benefits when they took effect were worth the week or two of discomfort whilst getting used to them

Hope you feel better soon

MinaRotter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,

I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for a while. It started with the room spinning when I turned my head left and right on the bed, or when I stood up from the bed. that disappeared. Now I have an unsteady feeling when I walk and get dizzy feeling when turning my head. Also feel lightheaded.

Can this be signs of major depression/stress? as I was recently diagnosed with stress/major depression and was adviced to take antidepressants? Or is it a sign of diabetes 1?
It could be several things. Any nausea/vomiting/hearing loss/tinnitus? If not, in the balance if probabilities it's probably benign paroxysmal positional vertigo or vestibular neuronitus. Both mild self limiting diseases. Your GP could tell for sure and give you something to relieve the symptoms for example buccastem or similar

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no vomiting. just tiredness and dizziness. doctor said it could be due to stress/depression as well as i have been feeling stressed and depressed lately

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I suffered from major depression and anxiety I suffered from dizziness a lot especially at times of greater stress to the extent that I couldn’t walk in a straightline at times and worried that people would think I’d had a drink or two! Feeling for you it will pass althoughit seems that it’s there forever at the moment try to take it easy and be kind to yourself. In itself the dizziness isn’t dangerous you need to ride it and wait for it to pass. The more worried about it I became the worse it got like a lot of things but it’s not easy to ignore something that is so overwhelming. I was given some anti nausea pills @nd these did help as the dizziness was making me feel very nauseous take care and look after yourself it will improve.

heli2010

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello,

I had this a few months ago which was down to stress one time I was sitting on a chair outside I got stressed with a phone calll and had instant vertigo 3 things I found helped swapping coffee drinks for green tea, going for hour long walks along canal or countryside and deep breathing in the morning pushing stomach out and in

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mine started when I started low carb diet because it was a shock to my system, I think.
When I'm having strict eating and too many 5s I still get it.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Inner ear infections such as labyrinthitis can cause dizziness (dizziness is just a symptom of vertigo) and slight loss of balance.