bg levels

Samwar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi all need some advice when your run down with cold / flu what is normal for your suger levels please as im having problems keeping mine up .thanks in advance sam

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi samwar each person is different when im ill if im not eating as much as normal i reduce my insulin if anything my levels go high when im unwell could you not phone your diabetic nurse for advice as what might work for one person might not work for another goodluck i hope you get sorted x

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
If your BGL is low reduce your insulin. If your BGL is high increase it just a tiny little bit. My BGL goes on a holiday to a roller coaster park, actually it lives there, just goes on a much bigger ride. Cold an flu I tend to go high and with other bugs I go low. Everyone is different, just stay away from hypo land.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps you are low because you are eating differently? Sometimes when people are sick they don't feel very hungry. It is important to adjust your meal time doses if you are eating differently - do you have an insulin to carb ratio?

Samwar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thanks all im eating more as really hungry i could not get hold of my team so phoned gp and help told me to take less inserlin.