True you blood strips

IJP66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I put a prescription in my doctors for true you blood glucose test strips which was accepted.
Just been to Boots to collect it and they told me they are not available due to a national shortage
Only got 3 days left and my doctors will be closed for 4 days
Bit of a worry now as to what to do

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Might be worth contacting your local hospital's DSN base if there is one and seeing if they can help out.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I put a prescription in my doctors for true you blood glucose test strips which was accepted.
Just been to Boots to collect it and they told me they are not available due to a national shortage
Only got 3 days left and my doctors will be closed for 4 days
Bit of a worry now as to what to do
You could try ringing round all the chemist shops within range. One of them might well have the strips. I have twice recently had a similar problem with prescription items proving out of stock. I trudged round the large centre of the town where I live and eventually tracked them both down, not at the largest Boots, as one might suppose.

IJP66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The lady at Boots said as they are a large company they have been trying several different suppliers without luck which sounds worrying
Just called the NHS advice line who took my details and will be getting back to me to see if they can find some locally or possibly arrange a new different meter

IJP66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got a call back from NHS at 3 AM

Either buy a new machine or try other pharmacies which I didn't fancy on a manic last full shopping day before Christmas

Ending up buying new one though that only had 10 strips
Luckily Boots swapped my prescription for the true strips to a pack for my new machine

Already had an appointment with my diabetic nurse in February to change to a new machine :)