What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

paula121s

Morning all, 7.5 today. Still a bit all over the place, but on the positive my flare is easing a bit! Off to Wells this am to go to Christmas market - hopefully not too manic - and to collect mother-in-law. I'm actually looking forward to her coming to stay.....I must be ill! Have a good day everyone!

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mine was a Friday afternoon binge! Mince pie, cinnamon swirl all with brandy cream! Mind you I did feel sick afterwards

I felt a bit dodgy after but it was good lol weren’t long a go I’d of had mixed kebab chips garlic mushrooms couple slices of garlic bread and cheese and at least 8 cans and not thought twice mad how being diagnosed has changed me so much but for the better I believe that’s for sure never felt as healthy in all my life through healthier eating/gym makes me feel good

paula121s

I felt a bit dodgy after but it was good lol weren’t long a go I’d of had mixed kebab chips garlic mushrooms couple slices of garlic bread and cheese and at least 8 cans and not thought twice mad how being diagnosed has changed me so much but for the better I believe that’s for sure never felt as healthy in all my life through healthier eating/gym makes me feel good

I agree, I did feel very guilty afterwards! Also I didn’t have anything to eat the rest of the day!

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was in the 4s all day yesterday. Had some nuts before bed as I was 4.1. Woke at 1am with hypo signs and was 3.5 so had some more nuts.
Woke at 7.30 with 4.1 and feeling fine.

How low is too low for a type 2? Should I be worried about the 3.5?
Will not be taking gliclazide again now I’m on low carb!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

tidying and dusting, putting away some of the 'stuff' that naturally lies around for ongoing projects and daily life ;)
I'm not going for 'Ideal Homes' level though :p just 'you can sit on the sofa without communing with my knitting' level and removing our pill collection from the dining table. Then later I'll collect some bits of greenery during my walk for a table decoration.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning...5.8 today.I began to have hypos when on Gliclazide and after a few months of low carbing.My GP stopped the Gliclazide for me.Its best to let your GP know about the hypos @purplepenguin, he will also be made aware that the low carb is working.This happens with low carb and Gliclazide.........just added that if you drive you should test first when low carbing and taking Gliclazide,I didn't and began to hypo,just thought I was unwell as I'd not had a hypo before, luckily I was almost home,but hadn't been warned of hypos with Glic.

Last edited:

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Good morning...5.8 today.I began to have hypos when on Gliclazide and after a few months of low carbing.My GP stopped the Gliclazide for me.Its best to let your GP know about the hypos @purplepenguin, he will also be made aware that the low carb is working.This happens with low carb and Gliclazide.........just added that if you drive you should test first when low carbing and taking Gliclazide,I didn't and began to hypo,just thought I was unwell as I'd not had a hypo before, luckily I was almost home,but hadn't been warned of hypos with Glic.
What is purple penguin

Reactions: Goacher55