dka,neuorophapy,back pain,sick,worried

stevensanders

i am writing this on behalf of my partner she is a type 1 brittle diabetic. she is 20 yrs of age and was diagnosed when she was 11. she as had prblems in the past with high glucose(40) and high blood pressures. her current problems are as follows. she recently stayed in hospital for a week with severe back pain and neuorophapy. she as terrible pain in the back and cannot sleep and as shooting pains down her legs. doctors say she as the condition and others say she is too young. she cannot keep any food down or water. her keytone level is 3.7 right now. i am giving her plenty of water to try and help. her bm was 12.9 she as just taken 12 units of novorapid too. i am really worried and dont know what to do. whilst in hospital she caught a hospital bug c diff which she is on antibiotics for she also takes diazapam denoclof and gabupentin. i really dont know what to do anymore can someone please help us

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
The best advice I can give at this present time because of the numerous complications is to phone NHS Direct for proper checking of your symptoms and appropriate advice. Failing that a visit to A&E if still concerned. Hope she feels better soon.

The number to dial is 0845 4647

stevensanders

i am writing this on behalf of my partner she is a type 1 brittle diabetic. she is 20 yrs of age and was diagnosed when she was 11. she as had prblems in the past with high glucose(40) and high blood pressures. her current problems are as follows. she recently stayed in hospital for a week with severe back pain and neuorophapy. she as terrible pain in the back and cannot sleep and as shooting pains down her legs. doctors say she as the condition and others say she is too young. she cannot keep any food down or water. her keytone level is 3.7 right now. i am giving her plenty of water to try and help. her bm was 12.9 she as just taken 12 units of novorapid too. i am really worried and dont know what to do. whilst in hospital she caught a hospital bug c diff which she is on antibiotics for she also takes diazapam denoclof and gabupentin. i really dont know what to do anymore can someone please help us

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Steven, your partner needs medical intervention if she is not holding down water and food, take her along to A & E straight away or call out a emergency doctor.

Nigel

Catherine_h

Hi

You are obviously very concerned about her, please get her to see a doctor as soon as you can.

Take care

Catherine

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Steven.
You posted this twice and I replied to you as above much earlier on. As the others and myself have said......get advice and Medical attention.

I have merged the posts........

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Steven.
I am not medically qualified to answer your question. Neither am I a T1. I can see it is going down but I would still seek proper medical advice because of the infection etc........

diabeMed

cugila said:
Steven.
You posted this twice and I replied to you as above much earlier on. As the others and myself have said......get advice and Medical attention.
I have merged the posts........

I agree with that. Steve's is partner really needs to have a medical checkup for her health. She needs to get some medical professional advice as soon as possible and to be cure early. Give a medical attention for her.

My TV shows

diabetes51

Dislikes
I am old fashioned so rude people, swearing , lack of good manners.
People trying to make me live in fear of complications instead of encouraging me to enjoy life. especially those who have never bothered to educate themselves about T1 diabetes.
People who eat/sleep/drink their diabetes,and let it rule their life!
Which health authority are you under? A diabetic with C Diff, high BS and ketones and they do nothing. No IVI fluids, no admission, no anything. I am sorry I find all this hard to believe and recommend the following

1. Change your GP and/or
2. Take her to a different hospital

I recommend doing both of the above as no-one on a web site such as this can help with her problems.

If she has brittle diabetes this can be caused by either physiological problems or psychological factors. However, again, we cannot diagnose which on here and should not be expected to do so. You need the help of a professional who will listen and sort out appropriate investigations. I really cannot emphasise strongly enough, based on what you say, she needs a new GP and a referral to a consultant ASAP.