overeating

benjo123456

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Benjo, could you give us an outline of your height, weight, age, and what you eat in a day?
I'm 5'10" and 17st. For meals I am eating eggs, avocado, spinach and bacon 4 times a day,cooked in butter and heavily salted. However, it is just not enough energy so I am snacking a lot on cheese, without the extra cheese I feel really terrible.

I have lost lots of weight in the past and gotten really fit on a normal sensible diet and exercise. I would love to go back to that, but 2 months ago my body developed a strange reaction against all carbohydrates, that noone seems to be able to help me with. The only way I can fix it is by not having any carbs, but I am struggling massively to adapt.

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You will fat adapt , Are your cloths looser? What are your drinking ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is an effort to go upstairs that is ascension weakness - as described by Dr Atkins way back in the last century - he advised a small amount of salad or low carb veges be added - about 5 gm of carb, until things improve. I think it was advised to make the increases every other day - so as to give time to assess the benefit. Once the weak feeling goes then you can settle on the amount of low carb foods you need.
I am rather astonished at the amount you are eating, and the number of meals each day - and that you need to add butter and snack on cheese.
There are carbs in the avocado and spinach, but it is hardly a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals - perhaps a supplement might help and perhaps a more varied diet. It does worry me a bit that you eat the same thing for every meal.