Why I'm GRATEFUL for being diagnosed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there beautiful people,

I've been meaning to make a video about why I am grateful for diabetes and appreciate so deeply the qualities I have gained by having this autoimmune disease. I wanted to share it with others because I know we can all get depressed at times or feel like the diagnosis is weighing on us. I want to uplift your spirits for a moment. I know it energized me just blabbing about it.

Let me know if this helped you or if you'd like to have more videos similar to this one.

Have a Happy New Year everyone.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
its so great to see a person being so positive and finding the positives from the negatives
it really is how u look at life that makes the differance i became awear of this fact with my bipolar and try to apply positive
thinking to my newly diagnosed t2

Reactions: SunnyDaysWithAlex
Type of diabetes
Type 1
its so great to see a person being so positive and finding the positives from the negatives
it really is how u look at life that makes the differance i became awear of this fact with my bipolar and try to apply positive
thinking to my newly diagnosed t2
That's amazing! Yea it is more work mentally but well worth it.

leahkian

Well done it is nice to see someone put a positive video of diabetes on, we all know the pitfalls of diabetes and they can be bad. I think diabetes shaped me as a person as i got it when i was 3 and did not no nothing else till i had a SPK transplant in 2015, i think diabetes has taught me never to take life for granted and bought out the fighter in me. You get diabetes and some people take longer than other to come to terms with it, i have had eye problems, unstable sugars, transplants and now not being a diabetic i have nerve damage to the whole of my body which cause pain. The thing that i would not let diabetes take away from me was watching my children grow up hence a 7 hours op but i would do it all again for my children. I am a single parents who is doing his best to bring my children up the right way and they have such a caring nature about them after watching what i went through just to be here and i am so proud of them. So thank you because there are a lot of diabetics and families out there who will see this and it will give them hope.

Munkaroo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,everyone.Just put yourself to test daily.That’s how I’m living with it.