Diabeties and throwing up.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I dunno why but I’ve had a cough Also when I cough I seem to urinate since the 20th and 2 days ago I started throwing up and having a headache which hasn’t gone. I don’t throw up often the last time I threw up was back when I was 7 due to food poisoning. I’m begging to think it might be food poisoning since we have eaten a lot meat because of Christmas. I can eat but then soon afterwards I throw up even though it’s just small amounts and also when I throw up it makes my blood hypo which my headache get worse. So any ideas. I dunno what to do and my parents are away and I can’t sleep much. I also have pains in my Sides and legs but I think this is more because my period comes next week. Not to mention my dad also is a bit Ill and I have to stay away from my hamster because they can get a cold.
So this is annoying. We just came back to UK as well
So how should I deal with this? And I hope it goes away ☹️☹️

Reactions: Goacher55

gwai84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you've gotten ill over Christmas! I've just had food poisoning too - sympathies. Hope you get well soon.

Hopefully your team will have given you some guidelines on how to manage when you're ill. If they haven't or you can't find them, "sick day" rules for type 1 can be found on the internet (there are a few different ones from different NHS trusts - e.g. http://www.leicestershirediabetes.org.uk/uploads//documents/Type1_Sickdays_LDC_JAN2015.pdf)

You need to check blood or urine ketones ASAP - call a doctor if they're positive. If you haven't got the kit, you probably need to call a doctor anyway to get checked over - vomiting and back/tummy pains can be signs of DKA.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Well, I fell ill on Christmas Eve with Bronchitis and throwing up and have a terrible cough and temperature. I know that it is Bronchitis because this is the 3rd winter that I have got this.I have been drinking fresh ginger tea with lemon and a little drop of Stevia. The ginger tea really does help and helps with the feeling and being sick. I think that there is a lot of it going about. I hope we get well soon

Caz_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I dunno why but I’ve had a cough Also when I cough I seem to urinate since the 20th and 2 days ago I started throwing up and having a headache which hasn’t gone. I don’t throw up often the last time I threw up was back when I was 7 due to food poisoning. I’m begging to think it might be food poisoning since we have eaten a lot meat because of Christmas. I can eat but then soon afterwards I throw up even though it’s just small amounts and also when I throw up it makes my blood hypo which my headache get worse. So any ideas. I dunno what to do and my parents are away and I can’t sleep much. I also have pains in my Sides and legs but I think this is more because my period comes next week. Not to mention my dad also is a bit Ill and I have to stay away from my hamster because they can get a cold.
So this is annoying. We just came back to UK as well
So how should I deal with this? And I hope it goes away ☹️☹️
I think you need to see a GP asap. If you ring 111 no doubt they will advise you to see a GP or other Medical Professional.

I find low cal Ginger Ale really helps me when unwell and tummy related. X

leahkian

I think you need medical advice on this as there could be a number of causes for the way you feel and just to be on the safe side as if you are alone and take bad you will have no one there. You can ring 111 and see what they say and if you have a friend who could either stop with you or call you regular just to check that you are ok

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.