What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We tried to get back towards a bit normal yesterday with pear and stickleton salad for tea. it was really nice too
Come on Goacher...never mind the pear & stickleton salad...still desperate to know what potted dog sandwiches are?;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s the delicacy that is potted meat , beef spread or pate grew up with my dad calling it potted dog so it’s stick I’m afraid
Relieved to hear that Goacher...had me worried for a while:)...now I am firmly back on the low carb wagon..fortunately.'potted dog' is on my allowed list...will definitely be having me some of that for lunch.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Relieved to hear that Goacher...had me worried for a while:)...now I am firmly back on the low carb wagon..fortunately.'potted dog' is on my allowed list...will definitely be having me some of that for lunch.

I think it could perhaps be a niche Yorkshire reference. I’m back on the medium carb wagon. (50 to 75) it seems to work for me without effecting other ailments.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this morning. Looks like I have some work to do.
7.2 might not be the levels you wanted Troubled...but its not so bad...still within the expected range...had a 7.9 myself yesterday...bringing that down slowly...not sure how that compares with your general BG numbers...but...with a little effort shouldn't be too difficult to reduce that ..we can only do our best...don't be too hard on your self...this diabetes lark is tricky at times.

moleman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thats great about libre with mine i still do finger pricks but no where near as what i used to do and 8/10 times libre and finger have been in sync ive been drs and asked if they would prescribe sensors for me dr said he would have to ask management team if i can have them needless to say im still waiting for reply but feel so much more confident knowing what bloods are doing 24/7 rather than just a snap shot with finger pricking ive had me feet checked and eyes all was fine with them how come you have got to wait till feb for hba1c test ive been diagnosed 7 months and have had 3 plus my results a couple of days later its alot to take in at first isnt it but you seem to be managing brilliantly so hope everything goes well with feet and eyes ;):)
Hi,
A couple of people have mentioned Libre, what is it please?
Neil.

moleman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi chaps,
A couple of people have mentioned Libre, can you please tell me what it is?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
A couple of people have mentioned Libre, what is it please?
Neil.
hi neil
the libre is a sensor that fits on to your arm and you have a reader machine that swipes over your sensor and it gives you a bg reading the sensors last for 2 weeks and you can swipe as many times as you like sometimes the meter reading compared to a finger prick reading wont be the same i find mine about 2mmols out other times its in sync i very rarely do a finger prick test now unless im feeling off also with yhe libre you can see when bgs are rising or falling this is just my opinion of it but i feel so much better when im wearing 1 although im self funding at the moment as still not available on prescription yet and they cost 50 per sensor ask your dn for a free 2 week trial then you keep the meter reader otherwise you have to buy that as well hope this makes sense to you as i tend to ramble sometimes ;)
regards karen.

Reactions: ziggy_w and moleman

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope things settle down for you soon with your BG levels,but it's still new to you so maybe it takes time,I'm no expert with insulin not being on any,but I do remember my sister when she was first diagnosed. K
thanks k. i dare say they will settle soon :)

moleman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi neil
the libre is a sensor that fits on to your arm and you have a reader machine that swipes over your sensor and it gives you a bg reading the sensors last for 2 weeks and you can swipe as many times as you like sometimes the meter reading compared to a finger prick reading wont be the same i find mine about 2mmols out other times its in sync i very rarely do a finger prick test now unless im feeling off also with yhe libre you can see when bgs are rising or falling this is just my opinion of it but i feel so much better when im wearing 1 although im self funding at the moment as still not available on prescription yet and they cost 50 per sensor ask your dn for a free 2 week trial then you keep the meter reader otherwise you have to buy that as well hope this makes sense to you as i tend to ramble sometimes ;)
regards karen.
Perfect sense Karen! I've seen this, I think, advertised on tv a while ago. Got to be less painful than finger pricking! You said the sensors are 50 each, is this £50 each? Sounds expensive. Im self employed but have only made about £400 in the past month so £50 is a large chunk. From what I remember from the tv ad, it looks like the way forward?

Reactions: ziggy_w