Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Susiegoosey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone just joined this forum and am new to posting so please forgive blunders. I am newly diagnosed T2 no meds yet. I decided to buy a BG monitor which arrived yesterday. my reading today before food was 7.1 which is bit scary as you guys all seem below that anyway am on a mission to lose weight, exercise more and maybe reverse my condition.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone just joined this forum and am new to posting so please forgive blunders. I am newly diagnosed T2 no meds yet. I decided to buy a BG monitor which arrived yesterday. my reading today before food was 7.1 which is bit scary as you guys all seem below that anyway am on a mission to lose weight, exercise more and maybe reverse my condition.

Hi and welcome @Susiegoosey
Very good first time reading. I will ask @daisy1 who will post some links for information for newly diagnosed.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Try to go under 100-150 grams of carbs in a day totally that is really the initial trick to get normal numbers in blood glucose

LynnRound9096

Hi im new here i was diagnosed type 2 2 years ago given a leaflet told to lose weight and that was it really given a monitor which when i rang the surgery querying levels as mine had shot up was brushed off with a " well they will rise sometimes "felt stupid so totally disregarded the fact that i was type 2, then 2 weeks ago i started getting numb fingers and toes and after speaking to a friend who is a nurse realise its not going away so panicking a bit as do not know what i should do be aware of etc etc so found out the test machine this morning fasting was 17.5 now i think thats high but have had very few carbs since the chat with the nurse friend so followed instructions on the internet drank loads of water had small egg omelette and its dropped to 10.5 but not sure what to do about any of it must sound stupid i know but havent investigated the condition before as advise originallywas lose weight and reverse it

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @LynnRound9096 and welcome to the forum. This thread is just for reporting morning blood sugar levels.
You should start a new thread in the 'Newly Diagnosed' forum, and you will get more replies.
I will tag @daisy1 who will give you the info given to newbies to the forum.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Susiegoosey lynnround9096

Hello Susie and Lynn and welcome to the Forum :) Here below in my signature are links to the Basic Information for new members and to the Low Carb Program. Ask questions when you need to and someone will help.