Shaking in your sleep

Ladylaurax

Hi

My husband tells me that I shake in the night sometimes after I’ve just fallen asleep. Sometimes I feel the bed shaking & then I tell the husband off who promptly tells me it’s me shaking the bed

It is not a hypo as my sugar is high

I’ve mentioned it to the DN but she didn’t seem concerned

Does this happen to anyone else?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There could be a lot of innuendo in your post!

However, symptoms of shaking is usually when someone drops their blood levels quickly towards a hypo.
But I also think that it could also be attributed to quick spikes and drops, fluctuations in your blood levels quickly, up or down.

What do you eat before bed?

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get this and cold sweats too the doc say it not related to my diabetes (type 2) but he is also sending me for more blood tests!

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome, which often made me kick my legs while dropping off. As a child I also suffered from fumbling, whilst asleep, with bedclothes (there is a technical term for this, but long forgotten to me), which could lead to waking up with all my covers on the floor.
It appears there's something associated called 'periodic limb movements in sleep (PLMS).'
This article may be helpful. It sounds more like a deficiency than a blood glucose issue.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/restless-legs-syndrome/

Hope you get to the bottom of this.
Geoff

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome, which often made me kick my legs while dropping off. As a child I also suffered from fumbling, whilst asleep, with bedclothes (there is a technical term for this, but long forgotten to me), which could lead to waking up with all my covers on the floor.
It appears there's something associated called 'periodic limb movements in sleep (PLMS).'
This article may be helpful. It sounds more like a deficiency than a blood glucose issue.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/restless-legs-syndrome/

Hope you get to the bottom of this.
Geoff
The article looks at iron deficiency as a likely cause, but magnesium levels seem important
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9703590

Almost every week I find another use for magnesium. Earlier this evening a UK GP tweeted that cows had to be supplemented with magnesium to keep away 'the staggers'.
Geoff

yakudueye1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sandwich and cold foods
Hi

My husband tells me that I shake in the night sometimes after I’ve just fallen asleep. Sometimes I feel the bed shaking & then I tell the husband off who promptly tells me it’s me shaking the bed

It is not a hypo as my sugar is high

I’ve mentioned it to the DN but she didn’t seem concerned

Does this happen to anyone else?
Ask them to check if you have diabetic induced epilepsy. Or let the husband see how much time you shake and how is the shaking

Ladylaurax

There could be a lot of innuendo in your post!

However, symptoms of shaking is usually when someone drops their blood levels quickly towards a hypo.
But I also think that it could also be attributed to quick spikes and drops, fluctuations in your blood levels quickly, up or down.

What do you eat before bed?

Haha!!! The husband has been getting the blame for months before the diabetic diagnosis, with him insisting in making it up. Then him realising it was me shaking

It can’t be a hypo as I’m usually at least 12 on a morning with my tablets and my diagnosis fasting blood tests were 18 & 17 before I started taking medication

We usually have tea between 7.30pm - 8.30pm then nothing after apart from 1 glass of Pepsi max (my 1 a day treat) & water

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have noticed that you take Glicizide, if you are spiking high, then the meds may have a side effect of dropping your blood glucose levels quickly, but I'm guessing!
I understand the reason for the meds because you are getting mid teens to high blood levels. It is the sudden drops that cause symptoms of shaking commonly known as false hypos.
But I would ask for more tests as others have suggested.
Haha!!! The husband has been getting the blame for months before the diabetic diagnosis, with him insisting in making it up. Then him realising it was me shaking

It can’t be a hypo as I’m usually at least 12 on a morning with my tablets and my diagnosis fasting blood tests were 18 & 17 before I started taking medication

We usually have tea between 7.30pm - 8.30pm then nothing after apart from 1 glass of Pepsi max (my 1 a day treat) & water