KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
No it sticks to you.

As I said a strip almost reaches round my arm, with about 25mm of gap. With the constant rubbing of my shirt the ends start to lift during the second week, but I snip the loose bits off with scissors. The ones I have are black cotton, but I bought what was available when I was looking although I think they probably make less obvious colours

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you that's brilliant! Do they actually stick to the sensor, and can you leave it on for two weeks? sorry to ask so many questions, but can you do this yourself or do you really need another pair of hands to do it for you as it's on the back of your arm? (presumably, although I know @maglil now puts her sensors on the inside of her arm)
I can do it one handed because , as you say, I put them on the inside of the arm. For me the Tegaderm lasts 2 weeks so long as I put it on a day I am not swimming. I found if I attached it actually on the swimming day sometimes the humidity would lift it up. Give it a day to stick though and it doesn't matter how steamy the pool is. Oh and yes it sticks to the sensor. Peel the backing first, apply over the sensor , stick down then remove the beige looking outer border and you have a nice, transparent , waterproof cover.
I've just bought another batch from Boots.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No it sticks to you.

As I said a strip almost reaches round my arm, with about 25mm of gap. With the constant rubbing of my shirt the ends start to lift during the second week, but I snip the loose bits off with scissors. The ones I have are black cotton, but I bought what was available when I was looking although I think they probably make less obvious colours
Thanks Ken, again really helpful.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can do it one handed because , as you say, I put them on the inside of the arm. For me the Tegaderm lasts 2 weeks so long as I put it on a day I am not swimming. I found if I attached it actually on the swimming day sometimes the humidity would lift it up. Give it a day to stick though and it doesn't matter how steamy the pool is. Oh and yes it sticks to the sensor. Peel the backing first, apply over the sensor , stick down then remove the beige looking outer border and you have a nice, transparent , waterproof cover.
I've just bought another batch from Boots.
Thanks maglil, again I'm so grateful to everyone for coming back so quickly with such a lot of helpful advice.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @hh1

I know @maglil55 answered already; the only thing I’d add is that I apply my sensor to the back of my arm (as recommended). I can fit a Tegaderm myself, but it is fiddly, especially if I use my left hand (I’m right handed) - I usually ask my wife to do it if she’s around.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @hh1

I know @maglil55 answered already; the only thing I’d add is that I apply my sensor to the back of my arm (as recommended). I can fit a Tegaderm myself, but it is fiddly, especially if I use my left hand (I’m right handed) - I usually ask my wife to do it if she’s around.
Thanks Ledzeptt, I thought it might be difficult; I'll have to think on that, especially as I'm right-handed too and currently have a problem with my left wrist. I'd like to opt for Tegaderm for its waterproof qualities as I think that's what made the last one fall off, but I may have to come up with something ingenious....!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm left handed but to be honest I don't think it matters as I change arms with them. Life is a lot easier since I moved 'inside' .

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm left handed but to be honest I don't think it matters as I change arms with them. Life is a lot easier since I moved 'inside' .
I may well try that at some point; as I've only just activated my second sensor and only had the first one for 8 days before it fell off (Abbott are replacing it) I'm a real newbie with this, so I'm trying to get used to everything and then I'll start tinkering. It's just brilliant to be able to draw on the experience of all of you on here; my DSN (who's wonderful and endlessly supportive) is dead impressed at all the info I'm getting from you all and really recognises the value of your experience. As a result of your advice, maglil, yesterday she ordered me some Tegaderm on prescription which I hadn't even asked for. I can't get the sensors, and she feels the one criterion which stops me having them is inappropriate (HbA1c over a certain limit - have already found out about nighttime lows I had no idea I was having, hence morning highs and chasing my tail all day, and I suspect other patterns are likely to emerge) so she's supporting me in any other way she can. Thanks again.

Reactions: dbr10 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I may well try that at some point; as I've only just activated my second sensor and only had the first one for 8 days before it fell off (Abbott are replacing it) I'm a real newbie with this, so I'm trying to get used to everything and then I'll start tinkering. It's just brilliant to be able to draw on the experience of all of you on here; my DSN (who's wonderful and endlessly supportive) is dead impressed at all the info I'm getting from you all and really recognises the value of your experience. As a result of your advice, maglil, yesterday she ordered me some Tegaderm on prescription which I hadn't even asked for. I can't get the sensors, and she feels the one criterion which stops me having them is inappropriate (HbA1c over a certain limit - have already found out about nighttime lows I had no idea I was having, hence morning highs and chasing my tail all day, and I suspect other patterns are likely to emerge) so she's supporting me in any other way she can. Thanks again.
I was on sensor 3 I think when I moved it. Back of the arm was a pain - kept knocking it and Aqua Fit was a nightmare. You could feel the sensor moving about so I had to wear an elastic tubular bandage on top of the Tegaderm. Tried the side but it fell off. Inner arm suits me best and doesn't interfere with exercise. Great you got Tegaderm on prescription.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your help and advice - just completed my first two weeks with a sensor kept firmly in place with Tegaderm. I also applied the new sensor a day and a half before I needed it and it's working fine - a lot more accurate (or at least closer to my meter) than the last one. That must be due to the sensor as the first one was never this close and at times nearly 4mmol different, especially on the highs and lows. Thanks again!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your help and advice - just completed my first two weeks with a sensor kept firmly in place with Tegaderm. I also applied the new sensor a day and a half before I needed it and it's working fine - a lot more accurate (or at least closer to my meter) than the last one. That must be due to the sensor as the first one was never this close and at times nearly 4mmol different, especially on the highs and lows. Thanks again!
I was late putting my last sensor on (less than 24 hrs) and it was out by 4 mmols for the first day. Thankfully it settled but I'm making sure the next one gets its usual 2 days pre activation. I was getting fed up with it warning ridiculous low sugars when reality was I was fine.

Reactions: dbr10

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Yesterday I took a sensor off my leg and the plastic filament was not on it anymore (only very small part). I'm afraid the rest is now somewhere in my leg..

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I took a sensor off my leg and the plastic filament was not on it anymore (only very small part). I'm afraid the rest is now somewhere in my leg..

It's probably more likely to have come away when you removed the rest of the sensor, but if not, our bodies tend to be pretty efficient at ejecting foreign bodies.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @Hill28

This has probably happened to someone before, so it would be worth contacting Abbot’s Libre support line for their advice (hopefully they’ll give you peace of mind). They’ve been helpful when I’ve called them. If you’re in the UK, the number is 0800 170 1177

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
Please could someone help me!

I just got my Freestyle Libre and I’m looking for the post where someone kindly explained on how to export the data to an excel spreadsheet. I have an iPhone and a MacBook, but I recall that it can be done, but my memory is failing me and search has proved frustratingly difficult.

If someone can help me find the thread, I’d be very grategpful.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Please could someone help me!

I just got my Freestyle Libre and I’m looking for the post where someone kindly explained on how to export the data to an excel spreadsheet. I have an iPhone and a MacBook, but I recall that it can be done, but my memory is failing me and search has proved frustratingly difficult.

If someone can help me find the thread, I’d be very grategpful.
You can't export from the scanner or the phone. However you can export from librelink cloud storage if you use the phone or from your pc if you use the scanner suite.

HTH

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
You can't export from the scanner or the phone. However you can export from librelink cloud storage if you use the phone or from your pc if you use the scanner suite.

HTH
Hi Barry,
I tried to get LibreLink, but it says it only works on Android or Windows.
Is there a way of getting the data using a MacBook?
Regards
Kate

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
It seems that the problem is my MacBook system is too up to date. I also have another laptop with Windows 10 and that’s no supported either.

If anyone knows any workarounds to retrieve the data from the Reader, please let me know.